Why do I have a red asterisk but no messages an either my email or text messages. My email icon has the red asterisk and a small world (browser) icon. On top I have 12 next to my yellow envelope also. This just happened today, before I would only get the red asterisk if I had new messages. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on or how to remove the red asterisk unless I have new messages? Please help.
    Thanks
    10-31-09 11:26 PM
    the browser icon sounds like you have a new browser message.
    10-31-09 11:28 PM
    To check for a Browser Message:

Messages > BB Button > View Folders > Browser Messages
    10-31-09 11:39 PM
    To check for unopen messages from with-in the folder hit the "s" button to open the search options and towards the bottom you see "show" change that to "unread" and it'll show all the unread messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:02 AM
    Thanks for the help it worked, I had some I had as saved.
    11-01-09 08:44 AM
    To check for unopen messages from with-in the folder hit the "s" button to open the search options and towards the bottom you see "show" change that to "unread" and it'll show all the unread messages.

I don't have "show" in the search options. I have a red asterisk on the folder icon but nothing inside the folder has an asterisk. I'm running OS 5.0 FWIW.

11-01-09 08:48 AM
    I don't have "show" in the search options. I have a red asterisk on the folder icon but nothing inside the folder has an asterisk. I'm running OS 5.0 FWIW.

Yes you do...

Go to your SMS and MMS or Messages folder, press 's' and scroll down to Show, then highlight Unopened Only.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-01-09 at 09:26 AM.
    11-01-09 09:23 AM
    why sometimes i also this got asterisk, but the unopened is actually my old messages which i've read...
    11-01-09 09:32 AM
    bump...

I found this thread because I'm having the same problem but I don't think for the same reasons. I have a red asterisk on the icon for one of my email accounts, and also on yellow envelope at top. I have no unread messages in that mailbox. I've even done a battery pull and reboot, and I've deleted and re-added the email account in question. Help! It's driving me nuts. Thanks!
    04-16-10 10:32 AM
    Oh - I have a Curve 8330 with Verizon. I'm not sure what OS.
    04-16-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD