I do not have the BB data plan.

I've noticed that those little arrows in the top right corner have been frantically sending and receiving something but there are no charges and obviously I cannot really send or receive anything, (unless its SMS, MMS or on wifi). I'm concerned that its unnecessarily eating at my battery and its just a little inconveniencing to go into my settings and turn off my data services every time im done using the wifi.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to turn off the EDGE services? I'd appreciate any comments or help..
    06-30-09 08:59 PM
    To turn off data, go to Options > Mobile Network > Data Services: Off

Although, I may be wrong on this but I think the arrows aren't just for data. I think they also appear when receiving texts or phone calls... Again, not 100% on that.
    06-30-09 09:04 PM
    To turn off data, go to Options > Mobile Network > Data Services: Off

Although, I may be wrong on this but I think the arrows aren't just for data. I think they also appear when receiving texts or phone calls... Again, not 100% on that.
    I have noticed that they blink when I receive texts and phone calls but ive noticed them blinking when no calls or messages come in.

I've been turning off data by that way for a week or so but i have to turn it off when i want to use the wifi..
    06-30-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD