Hi, i just received my curve. 2 probs, in my instant messaging folder i have only got the blackberry messenger. No msn, yahoo, aim or anything else. why is this? And on my signal is says uma, Dos this mean that whenever I call it dos it through my wireless connection???
    Thank you and please forgive my ignorance, its my first ever bb.
    04-17-09 08:21 AM
    Scroll down, see the uma post? this has been covered a lot. All the answers can be found with a simple search. I.M clients can be downloaded from your bb or check desktop manager app loader. Read up the lectures found here to get more familiar with your new 'computer'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 08:36 AM
    Yahoo/AIM/Google Talk have to be downloaded to the phone, via the App World. go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com via your desktop and nav to the app world there email yourself a link and you can do it there.

and uma is stating that yes you can make phone calls via the wi-fi connection, but you need to have the "unlimited mins via wifi" added to your plan.
    04-17-09 08:38 AM
    To download MSN Messenger to your device go to: MSN Messenger Download

To download Yahoo Messenger to your device go to: Yahoo

And search is your friend!
    04-17-09 08:39 AM
    Here is a nice link to have around... it's located as a sticky in the Blackberry Discussion forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    04-17-09 09:08 AM
    lol tnx everyone
    04-17-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD