I get virtually no reception in my building with T-mo's service. I was thinking of using our work's wifi to go into UMA and at least have phone reception. Currently our company's firewall blocks many sites (to desktops and laptops). Even our corporate BB's (not my personal 8900) has sites blocked. I was curious if I patched into company's wifi just so I can get reception, will their firewall affect my browsing as well?

Thanks
    04-17-09 01:45 PM
    I'm sure they could... would they... doubtful since the phone is such a small amount of data... if they see it and want to I'm sure they could... my company blocks a lot of stuff, but not the UMA... and I still can browse to authorized websites on my 8900.
    04-17-09 01:56 PM
    The firewall could limit your browsing, but it really depends on if they implemented site/IP blocking on a systemwide or device level. If it's the former, then you'll hit the same roadblocks that existing PCs on the network is. If it's system-specific, then you would (in theory) be okay unless they implement a security policy for your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD