I see a lot of you have replaced the housing on the Curve. Mine needs an overhaul and I'm wondering which vendors you've had the best experience with as far as quality of the product.

Thanks.
    04-20-10 09:00 AM
    04-20-10 10:51 AM
    ordered my whole housing from e-bay cause I wanted to find the cheapest with the most parts, close to OEM but not quite!!! Speaker sucks on the new Housing sounds crappy so I switched the speaker out and still sounds like crap, I will definitely go with sw-box, when they say OEM it is what they say, Most the Time they are the cheapest however in the 8900 full housing No because there are alot of built in buttons and hardware not attached to the main board that are attached to the actual housing and chassis that have gold contacts that touch the board only, and if you go too cheep you will buy a housing with none of these(Alot of them on ebay $19.99 But only the plastic), so definitely pay the $50.00 if you want it working right, believe me its like a total new phone once you change out the full housing on a 8900,...The Bold 9000 is a little easier and alot cheaper to replace parts on, but the 8900 has alot of differences inside and out.
    04-25-10 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD