04-17-09 03:08 PM
59 123
tools
    Hey D,

My fault on providing incorrect info...Clint is right. Since I always use vibrate as my primary profile and switch to a custom profile or normal, I didn't think about the fact that it seems to switch from vibrate to other profiles and back to vibrate...which makes sense. I believe RIM did it this way, so that one could do a quick switch to vibrate when going into a meeting or having a rendezvous, lol. Again, my fault...
    04-03-09 02:37 PM
    HAHA! Dang.. I never had that connection with that name until... =)

Ha ha ya. I was surprised it took someone that long to mention the Rugrats thing.
    04-03-09 04:07 PM
    Hey D,

My fault on providing incorrect info...Clint is right. Since I always use vibrate as my primary profile and switch to a custom profile or normal, I didn't think about the fact that it seems to switch from vibrate to other profiles and back to vibrate...which makes sense. I believe RIM did it this way, so that one could do a quick switch to vibrate when going into a meeting or having a rendezvous, lol. Again, my fault...
    Hey it's no biggie. We were figuring that out at the same time. Plus a vibrate shortcut is better than no shortcut.

Ha ha ya. I was surprised it took someone that long to mention the Rugrats thing.
    lol.. well its not as bad as having Danny as a name..

Growing up and even til this day, I have to hear "dannyboy" atleast every other day... ughh.
    04-03-09 07:09 PM
    I recently switched from Motorola Q to Blackberry 8320. My old Motorolla Q had a nice feature I can't find in the Blackberry. One of the profile options (in addition to Normal, Vibrate, etc.) was "Automatic". In this mode, the phone would automatically change from Normal to Vibrate during meetings and switch back to Normal after the meeting. Can I make the BB do that?
    04-15-09 02:30 PM
    I just tested it it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 05:42 PM
    You could always change the vibrate profile the way you want it... say silent..... then set your profile to normal....and use it that way!!
    Great idea!!

I actually rarely use vibrate alone because if I needed it to be silent, people would still hear it vibrating anyway - it's either on normal (which is set to vibrate + tone anyway) or quiet for meetings, screenings or when we're sleeping so I just do the F + Q + trackball shortcut. It's still only takes two seconds to switch. But I could definitely try ClintRo's method and make vibrate into my quiet mode!
    04-16-09 02:23 PM
    A superb tip... thanks
    04-16-09 03:45 PM
    ROFLMAO, never knew this with ANY of the BBs ive ever owned. Thanks!
    04-17-09 02:33 PM
    I've used this key a lot. It will switch profiles from the last two you used. For instance, if you switch between let's say normal to quiet, when you use the Q key, it'll toggle between the two. So all you need to do is manually switch between the two profiles you use the most one time and voila! you've got a quick switcher.

Yes, it does...you tap Q for QSMS and hold Q for profile switcher.
    this doesnt work for me.... it just changes it from any profile i am on to vibrate and back... not from my last two profiles.... i am on the stock OS
    04-17-09 03:08 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD