hey all, I've used Poynt to find movie times and businesses in my area. With the latest update you can search the white pages. Yet, every time I search someone it can't find them. I've searched 20-30 people who I know are in the white pages, yet Poynt can't find them. Anyone else try this?
    06-17-09 10:09 AM
    I used it the other day.... make sure it is set up to GPS or cell site location when you search!!
    06-17-09 10:11 AM
    The only downside I've seen with Poynt is that I have to continually update the search location for the area I'm in if I don't have GPS access -- such as being in a building. But, I press the trackball from the main screen, and then enter the new search location -- I usually use Zip Codes -- it then does an excellent job of locating people and businesses.

One of the benefits of being able to change the search location manually is that I recently needed to find someone in San Diego, and all I had to do was enter the Zip Code for that area and then search on the name.

If I happen to be outside, though, it automatically updates the location and then does the search based on that unless I manually change it.
    06-17-09 12:29 PM
    doesn't it pick up your cell location after trying to get your gps for a few moments??
    06-17-09 12:31 PM
    I have this app and I gotta say that I love love love it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 12:43 PM
    I have this app and I gotta say that I love love love it!!

So how do you REALLY feel about it???

lol
    06-17-09 12:45 PM
    I love it!!!!

06-17-09 12:51 PM
    doesn't it pick up your cell location after trying to get your gps for a few moments??
    I don't think so, unless I'm just not patient enough to wait on it. When I'm inside a building, it shows "GPS Searching..." until I press the trackball and enter the search location. When I get my patience back, I'll wait to see if it times out and gets a cell location.....
    06-17-09 01:09 PM
    yeah... i just tested mine, and it did.... it will default to the last location if you didn't have it selected...
    06-17-09 01:14 PM
    yeah... i just tested mine, and it did.... it will default to the last location if you didn't have it selected...
    Yep, and the last location is probably not where I'm at now....come to think of it, I need to bring up the GPS to figure where I am now....
    06-17-09 01:35 PM
    lol... are you lost????
    06-17-09 03:28 PM
    A battery pull fixed my problem. Though I compared it to the white pages.com and I don't get the same search results all the time. My co-worker has a house in Pennsylvania and I couldn't find him on Poynt at a certain zip code, yet that zip code worked on the white pages online, lol. Go figure.
    06-17-09 03:40 PM
    yeah ... that happens when you search for a john smith...LOL jk!!!
    06-17-09 03:57 PM
    lol... are you lost????
    I've been told that many, many times in my life! It really concerned me when I heard that the GPS system might stop working in a couple years unless the President re-funds the Air Force's program to put up replacement ones. If they let the GPS system run out, I'll be perpetually lost!
    06-17-09 05:31 PM
    I just download Poynt and I must say I love it a lot
    06-17-09 06:19 PM
    yea Poynt is great now, lol. I've always used it to look up the nearest movie theatre/movies. It's much faster/better than viigo's movie search.
    06-17-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD