05-15-09 07:14 PM
36 12
tools
    Ok heres the deal. I have a few apps installed that I want GONE and OFF my phone, but I cannot for the life of me get them to go away, even after uninstalling through applications AND BB Desktop Manager.

Heres what I'd like to delete for good. Telenav, Handango InHand, AccuWeather.com, Facebook and Myspace. There is one icon for FB and TWO icons for MS. WTF? BTW, I've never once used Telenav or Handango.

Is there ANY way possible to get rid of this crap? I checked under the modules as well and luck there. My phone doesnt even see Telenav, Handango InHand or AccuWeather.com in the applications OR in BBDM.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO CRAZY. lol...
    05-13-09 08:24 PM
    Delete them in the - advanced options - service books part of the BB.

It use to work for me in the 8100.

If not, just hide the icons.
    05-13-09 08:27 PM
    They're service books. They can't be deleted! Just hide them, they're not using any memory as long as you don't have accounts active on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 08:29 PM
    Telemap and handago are really hard to get rid of.....you might just want to hid them...they love to come back on your phone.

05-13-09 08:33 PM
    Thank you to the both of you for the quick responses. Waldog, your suggestion actually worked. Again, thank you.

05-13-09 08:37 PM
    yupp! I just hide mine.
    05-13-09 08:38 PM
    I was able to delete their service book and they went away. Same goes for FB and MS. I hope they dont come back, but if they do I'll either just delete them again (wasnt hard) or I'll just hide them as suggested. Accuweather was actually easy to remove as you can just delete it straight from the icon ("delete channel") which I didnt notice before.

Telemap and handago are really hard to get rid of.....you might just want to hid them...they love to come back on your phone.

Give it a few days.... They will come back

Thanks! I was also having a similar problem, and couldnt delete handango, myspace or telenav. I didnt know you could delete them in serice books. Thanks
    05-13-09 08:46 PM
    Even if you delete them in your service books, they will come back after you do a battery pull. It's just easier to hide them than to have to delete them constantly!

05-13-09 08:56 PM
    LOL @ trying to delete service books
    05-13-09 09:03 PM
    yo i cant help but i have the same feeling i have a language issue the EN for english is in the corner of my screen and ive never noticed this befor maybe im crazy i would like for it not to be there anymore can someopne please help
    05-13-09 10:19 PM
    Ahhhh the dreaded EN. The most asked question on this forum. Search and ye shall find the answer.

05-13-09 10:47 PM
    LOL...they'll definitely be back...I've been tryin yo delete those things for a good month now....still now luck...definitely easier just to hide em.
    05-13-09 11:37 PM
    why not use crackmem to wipe your device and reinstall the OS? I rather have a clean running OS then one that has things hidden on it..
    05-14-09 01:46 AM
    I believe T-mobile pushes them to the phone.... not sure even a clean OS will help!!
    05-14-09 08:07 AM
    I believe Clint is correct... you can delete them, but they will come back... apparently T-Mobile thinks we NEED these apps... either that or they are being payed good money to be sure we have these apps on our T-Mobile Blackberry's... I just hide mine and don't give it a second thought.
    05-14-09 08:16 AM
    I know I have tried to delete them like 100 times
    05-14-09 08:30 AM
    ahh u mean the service books? my bad, shoulda read this thread better..
    05-14-09 12:55 PM
    They are basically spam apps that Tmob probably gets paid to push to your phone. I think ATT is worse, they continually push you junk that you can't get rid of. In the 2+ years I've had Tmob they've only done that once (FB). The stuff that starts on the phone is different, you just have that junk from the start.
    05-14-09 01:30 PM
    Be glad you don't have AT&T. They absolutely BOMB their blackberries with spam applications. My girlfriends curve has at least a dozen icons of junk apps that AT&T tries to sucker you into using. Telenav, AT&Ts media, application and ringtone stores, and countless others. It's the point where your apps get lost in the sea of junk.
    05-14-09 02:56 PM
    I have ATT and have no icons like that.. i wonder why?
    05-14-09 02:59 PM
    i just hide them....
    05-14-09 03:07 PM
    I have ATT and have no icons like that.. i wonder why?
    Maybe you're not on the list. ATT does it a lot. Lay low dude!
    05-14-09 04:27 PM
    It is too late now!!!! He will be assimilated!!!!

05-14-09 05:06 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD