My daughter just got her 8900. We have tmobile service. Whenever she receives an mms message there is no picture attached or imbedded. She gets a numbered message saying that she has to log in to mytmobile.com to view her picture. Sure enough, this is where her picture messages are going. This is like an iphone but Im sure this phone can receive picture messages. The 2 8320s and 2 8100s on our family plan dont have this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? Surely this cant be the way the phone was designed.
    03-08-09 03:16 AM
    It's not. You're supposed to get normal MMS on the 8900. That's not normal.

Call 611 and have them troubleshoot the phone. Ask about a free "Blackberry Feature Enabler" feature for the BB, which can help with MMS issues and the like. It's totally free and they can add it for you.
    03-08-09 03:23 AM
    I had the same problem also. Try deleting the service in your service book and then resending the service books or a simple battery pull worked for me and a friend.
    If that doesn't work then try thr 611 method!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 04:27 AM
    I've had this when swapping about phones sometimes.

If the battery pull doesn't work, see if the settings are available as an SMS from their website (they are here in the UK), if not, give them a call (which I had to do because I didn't have the option to set up a private e-mail)
    03-08-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks for all the tips. I have the free enabler on all my blackberry lines so I can use oz for aim (no data plan). Miracle of miracles, my daughter actually fixed it herself. She had to go into mms settings and enable something like auto-retrieve. Ill have her do a battery pull too for good measure. Thanks.
    03-08-09 05:59 PM
    the issue is that the files that you are trying to send are too large. I believe that the limit is about 350kb so have your daughter lower the resolution down to med.

I had this same issue when sending a pict from my phone to my daughter 8320. lowered the resolution and this fixed it.
    03-08-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD