Hey everyone. Just the other day I upgraded my 8900 to .461. Everything went great. Yesterday, I accidentally pocket dialed my mother and left her a 30 minute voice-mail of a very embarrassing conversation I was having with a friend. I thought how could that have happened? I push the lock button every time I put the phone into my pocket! I then realized that the lock button was no longer working! So in an effort to avoid leaving my mom any more embarrassing voice mails, how do I get my lock button to start working again?

Thanks!
    02-13-10 04:10 PM
    from what i have read, you need to set a password for the device and then the lock button will work,
    ive not used mine with out a password set so didnt know you could lock it without lol!
    02-13-10 04:29 PM
    Haha the question is why would she listen to a 30 minute voicemail?
    02-14-10 02:58 AM
    The lock button doesn't work on .461 - there's a lot of discussion about it in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

The 2 options you have are as Pastycat says above and use a password or set the handset to standby (by holding down the mute key), this has all the features of the lock but uses much less battery power!
    02-14-10 07:22 AM
    Lik ST Temps said, it could be due to lock key issue. I had the same problem when I updated my OS to .461 yesterday. Looks like it is OS issue, I tried to re-install after clean wipe. But, the stand-by key is working. You can use it as alternative probably. it's just a thought and am using the same. probably next leaked version update will fix my problem.
    02-14-10 10:34 AM
    Use the Standby button.
    02-14-10 10:44 AM
    Haha the question is why would she listen to a 30 minute voicemail?
    She has way to much time on her hands.

I went back to .411. Thanks to everyone for the help!
    02-15-10 08:52 AM
    always read leaked and new OS threads very carefully before you upgrade. that will help determine what issues others may be having. it may save you some heartache and time in the end.
    02-16-10 02:43 AM
    Well, this explains a lot. Downgrading back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 06:13 PM
    Using keypad lock instead of standby is like locking your doors, but leaving the car in neutral with the engine running.
    02-19-10 08:55 PM
    Using keypad lock instead of standby is like locking your doors, but leaving the car in neutral with the engine running.
    as long as your e-brake is up, she aint going anywhere lol.
    02-19-10 11:29 PM
    so true. lock eats up battery like a hungry hamster. standby is the way to go, especially after upgrading to .461....
    02-20-10 01:10 AM
    so true. lock eats up battery like a hungry hamster. standby is the way to go, especially after upgrading to .461....
    ive never noticed the keypad lock dain the battery
    02-20-10 02:41 AM
    Well, someones lock button is working in the .461, without the password. See the thread "difference between 4.6 & 5.0" post #8.
    02-20-10 07:56 AM
    go to 554, that's the newest os I got, after upgrade,lock key works fine.
    04-06-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD