I've been trying to change my ringtone for days. I've done all the steps but, I seem to get stuck when I highlight the notification profile and click Edit. But, when i click Edit my phone doesn't go to the list of things like Phone, SMS messages and all of that. Please help!!!
    06-10-09 06:18 PM
    Click on Profile > Advanced > select the (Active) profile or the one you want to change > Menu > Edit > select Phone, SMS or whatever you want to edit and click on it.... this will not work???
    06-10-09 06:22 PM
    One other way is to play the song on your bb then click the bb button and then you can select it as the ring tone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 06:27 PM
    Yea That whole thing doesn't work. The step it stops working at is when i press Edit.
    06-10-09 11:13 PM
    Here is what I do....
    1- go to the profile for your ringer setting (don't select anything yet)
    2- scroll to the bottom and select "advanced"
    3- scroll to the profile you want to edit and press the "blackberry" button (menu button)
    4- select the "edit" option
    5- scroll to the alert type you want to have the ringer set for ex..Phone
    6- make sure the "out of holster" and the "In Holster" options are set to one of the options either "tone" or "vibrate+tone" (this is if you want your ringer to actually play a sound file on this type of alert)
    7- Go to the "Ring Tone" option and press down on your trackball to view a list of options for your ringers available on your device"
    8- Save and exit

Now you should be able to change the ringers for each specific profile. However if you want to add individual ringers for individual address book entries you will need to do this through the options in your address book for each entry desired.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with any of this info people.
    Good luck hit us up if u have any more issues with it.
    06-11-09 12:25 AM
    Yea That whole thing doesn't work. The step it stops working at is when i press Edit.
    Sorry, which "Edit"... there are two in my instructions???

Maybe this will help: BlackBerry 101: How to Download and Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com... skip the download stuff and go down to the bolded header: Setting the Ringtone (Editing Profiles)
    06-11-09 06:53 AM
    I am talking about the "Edit" after you click on Menu
    06-13-09 04:56 PM
    I am talking about the "Edit" after you click on Menu
    Sounds like you have some issues with your Operating System (OS)... have you considered either reloading or upgrading your OS version???
    06-13-09 05:03 PM
    you are probably on a carrier which does not allow you to change the ringtones manually on your own. im from canada and telus does that here. thats why i switched to rogers, no chance im paying for every single ringtone. this is why your edit is not showing up, they change the os as to not allow you to fiddle with your ringtones. you can do an os upgrade or reset, but it is a risky process, and one which can make your phone inoperable if done incorrectly. also it will most likely void your warranty. its your choice tho!

good luck
    06-18-09 02:53 AM
    Upgrading you OS is not that tricky

What is a reset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD