I've never thought to get insurance for my phone, even while I had my dash but now that I have this super sexy phone that is amazing, that 5.99 a month sounds a little more bearable. Does anyone else have the protection? I'm the kind of guy that never buys extended warranty's from Best Buy or wherever but this phone may deserve the extra cash..

Thoughts?
    05-15-09 02:21 PM
    I've never thought to get insurance for my phone, even while I had my dash but now that I have this super sexy phone that is amazing, that 5.99 a month sounds a little more bearable. Does anyone else have the protection? I'm the kind of guy that never buys extended warranty's from Best Buy or wherever but this phone may deserve the extra cash..

Thoughts?
    i have it on my 8900 just remember

5.99/month + 130$ deductible < new phone
    05-15-09 02:36 PM
    I have the insurance on my 8900 too. I wouldn't be without it.

There are soooo many opportunities for something to happen to your phone...dropping it, water damage, theft, losing it somewhere...
    05-15-09 02:48 PM
    It Will Not Be New. It Will Be Refurbished!!!
    05-15-09 03:11 PM
    I have orange care. 6.00 a month 15 excess on a claim.
    05-15-09 03:17 PM
    Just remember that you can only have 2 claims per year when you have the Premium Handset Protection (PHP) plan. You also get from the replacement "one standard battery, one standard charger, one standard earpiece, one SIM card."
    05-15-09 03:28 PM
    It Will Not Be New. It Will Be Refurbished!!!
    I don't think so. when i had my 8100 i bought it new - they sent me a refirb - i called them back and told me to send new because i bought new
    05-15-09 03:30 PM
    Piece of mind... might be worth it... I guess if you don't have the money to buy a new one... might be worth it. The first year is covered by RIM for manufacture defects.

I did purchase it for my step-daughter, but I don't think it's worth it for me... I will put the money away and if the day comes that I need to replace it because it breaks after a year I'll be looking to get the newest Blackberry I can buy... maybe a nice new 3G version of the 8900 or a new Onyx/Driftwood.
    05-15-09 04:06 PM
    I used to feel the same way. But after my son dropped my razr into the toilet (back in the day lol) I was in such a bind since i was with Verizon at the time. I thought it was crazy to have to fork out 300 400 or even more for a phone that wasnt even worth it. So since then i switched to Tmobile. I got the pearl in 2006, and everything was great. Plus anything unexpected can happen to the phone and then you're SOL.
    05-15-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD