Just a heads up, I was by there earlier today for a gasket I had them make me for a machine at work, (got one of their skins for my Storm and liked it so much, I had them design me some skins for some work touchscreen pc's), and saw the new skin installed on a dummy 8900, looks sweet and they're already shipping.
    For those unfamiliar with the product, check them out, I'm a picky @ss and really liked their stuff.

Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com
    01-20-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks!! I wish we can use coupon codes on PH
    01-20-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks!! I wish we can use coupon codes on PH
    Hi Kwak!

PhantomSkinz has a standing 20% discount for all CrackBerry members. You just need to enter "crackberry20" (all lower case) in the discount code box upon checkout.

Also, don't forget that every phone skin order is shipped with 2 patterns inside each kit. That means that your net cost per Full Body Kit is $9.98.................................$24.95 * .80 (20% discount) = $19.96 / 2 = $9.98

We also offer free shipping to the US and Canada via the USPS First Class Mail.

Guru
    01-20-09 10:47 PM
    damn! ordering now.
    01-20-09 11:15 PM
    dope

i'll check these out
    01-21-09 03:36 PM
    Any picture on the actual look of the phone with the skinz on?
    01-21-09 03:53 PM
    Hmm, not that I could get one of these if I wanted one anyway as I don't think they ship the the UK. That said, I don't know how happy I'd be putting wet and/or sticky things all over my new phone and then having to leave it to dry for 24 hours without using it. But that's just me.
    01-21-09 04:36 PM
    Nice.. $5 discount, i'm getting it.
    01-21-09 05:50 PM
    whats the difference between this and the invisibleSHIELD product?
    01-21-09 11:57 PM
    I don't think there's a difference. Probably just one of those online stores that sells the same type of brand or whatever, with different names.
    01-22-09 10:06 AM
    Any picture on the actual look of the phone with the skinz on?
    vince,

We have a transparency of the 8900 phone with our film design beside it. The problem with pictures of the phone with the film on it is that it is hard to see the film. There were a lot of pictures taken with our film on the Storm. Check out this link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/pha...photos-103607/

A picture with the transparency is below.
    01-22-09 10:31 AM
    whats the difference between this and the invisibleSHIELD product?
    cubby,

Great question! There are many differences.
    1) We use materials that are made from different manufacturers.
    2) Our product has an additional "clear coat" on it.
    3) Our patterns are designed different. You can look at some other threads and posts that will confirm the pattern differences and the coverage provided by each.

And probably the best difference right now for Curve 8900 owners, ours is in stock and available for immediate shipment.

Guru
    01-22-09 10:35 AM
    Just ordered a PS yesterday for my new 8900. I might have to have my wife install it...small hands.. lol.

I read that some people had an issue with the invisible shield's screen shield not being clear....which is a deal breaker for me.
    01-22-09 10:49 AM
    Just ordered a PS yesterday for my new 8900. I might have to have my wife install it...small hands.. lol.

I read that some people had an issue with the invisible shield's screen shield not being clear....which is a deal breaker for me.
    You know I've installed IS on almost all of my electronic devices from my canon camera to my watch to my MacBook Pro. The only issue I've every had was on the wrist rest on my MBP the skin started turn brown. At first I thought it was from my wrists, but I now believe it was from the heat of the laptop.

Wierd - hugh.

I will have to pick up one of these PS and see how they compare.

My biggest issue with IS was their SLOW order processing/shipping.
    Last edited by rkdiddy; 01-22-09 at 11:43 AM.
    01-22-09 11:32 AM
    I have used Invisible Shields and Best Skins Ever on all my previous BBs - would like to know how this product compares. If I find some threads, I will post links here.
    01-22-09 12:08 PM
    You know I've installed IS on almost all of my electronic devices from my canon camera to my watch to my MacBook Pro. The only issue I've every had was on the wrist rest on my MBP the skin started turn brown. At first I thought it was from my wrists, but I now believe it was from the heat of the laptop.

Wierd - hugh.

Very strange. I did read where you are supposed to use a hair dryer for the corners....but not too hot and not too long. I guess you already know why that is ; )

I have never used a skin on a phone before. I take pretty good care of my stuff and form factor is a big deal for me. However, I figured I would give PS a go since it doesn't mess with the form factor or docking ability.
    01-22-09 12:09 PM
    sweeto def must buy
    01-22-09 12:10 PM
    $25 for some film sure seems pricey. I've had a Best Skins Ever on my Pearl for over 2 years, and I think I paid about $8.
    01-22-09 12:35 PM
    Well, I searched and found numerous threads on Phantom Skinz and they all had positive things to say. Yes, they cost more than BSE, but 1) they are available right now, and 2) I called and asked if they could use my FedEx label to ship overnight as my company gets a huge discount on shipping and they were happy to accommodate me. Now, I can have my skin tomorrow.

Great customer service and I had not even placed an order yet. Well done Phantom Skinz.

Will report back on the product itself over the weekend after I have installed it.
    01-22-09 12:45 PM
    Anyone know where I can get something similar from that is based in or ships to the UK?
    01-22-09 12:49 PM
    Anyone know where I can get something similar from that is based in or ships to the UK?
    Herr,

PhantomSkinz ships world wide.

Guru
    01-22-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD