Ok its been awhile since I've done a hard reset but I did one just to free up some memory and get my curve running good again. After about an hr it was still on the white "T-mobile" screen. I pushed the end button and was able to escape out of it and into my home screen. I find my message app and my phone mode (ring, vib, etc) gone completely. There are a few other things missing but these are my two biggest. I don't know how to fix it. Help me please
    05-29-09 03:08 PM
    Ok its been awhile since I've done a hard reset but I did one just to free up some memory and get my curve running good again. After about an hr it was still on the white "T-mobile" screen. I pushed the end button and was able to escape out of it and into my home screen. I find my message app and my phone mode (ring, vib, etc) gone completely. There are a few other things missing but these are my two biggest. I don't know how to fix it. Help me please
    use Jl_cmdr to wipe the OS, then download and install, then reinstall the OS you were using, or download / install > reload the most current OS sticked at the top of this forum.
    05-29-09 03:13 PM
    Ok I consider myself a relative noob considering I've had a blackberry for more than 6 yrs but this is the 3nd time this has happened and somehow I fixed it the first time WITHOUT having to wipe or delete everything and reinstall it. I changed some setting but I cannot remember how or why this happens.

It would probably help to tell you I am running 4.6.1.199 and have the android theme running.

Like I said all I did was delete a few games and install a new one and did a quickpull and now it's F'd up.
    05-29-09 03:23 PM
    Ok I consider myself a relative noob considering I've had a blackberry for more than 6 yrs but this is the 3nd time this has happened and somehow I fixed it the first time WITHOUT having to wipe or delete everything and reinstall it. I changed some setting but I cannot remember how or why this happens.

It would probably help to tell you I am running 4.6.1.199 and have the android theme running.

Like I said all I did was delete a few games and install a new one and did a quickpull and now it's F'd up.
    ??? not sure have you tried pulling the batter and leaving it out for several mins and reinstalling it?
    05-29-09 03:30 PM
    yep done that twice now. DAMNIT i hate my BB skills.
    05-29-09 03:33 PM
    This happened to me the other day with the missing icons...I found this thread and it helped me...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/3r...-icons-194521/
    05-29-09 04:12 PM
    i agree with mjneid, i'd use jl cmdr and wipe the os off completely and then reinstall. i've had the same issue before and it worked for me perfectly afterwards.
    05-29-09 04:14 PM
    This just happened to me yesterday and all I did was went back and downloaded my 3rd party theme again and then rebooted the phone when asked and phone is as good as new::

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:34 PM
    Wipe the device? That's very extreme. Follow the link in post #6 above.
    05-29-09 06:24 PM
    Wow thank you sooo much for this. I had no idea it was caused by my 3rd party theme and unread msg's. Soooo much easier than having to completely restart the BB. Thanks to all for your help.
    05-29-09 07:01 PM
    Wow thank you sooo much for this. I had no idea it was caused by my 3rd party theme and unread msg's. Soooo much easier than having to completely restart the BB. Thanks to all for your help.
    You are very welcome. Mrtolles and myself have to tell people all the time about the 3rd party theme issue. Unfortunately it is a very common problem with OS 4.6.1.x and 3rd party themes.
    05-29-09 10:27 PM
    This just happened to me, also. Extremely annoying. However, the posted solution doesn't seem to be working for me. I switch to a stock theme, do a battery pull, and when the phone restarts it still gets stuck on the carrier (T-Mobile) logo, when I switch off (using the off button) and restart, it's back to the old theme. So I'm guessing I'm going to have to do a reformat. Extremely annoying. That was the Neu theme, BTW, the one that got front paged. Don't know if it's relevant. But yeah, every time I battery pull it's back to the theme and not the stock theme, and I can't access my e-mail to delete the new mails. All my e-mail boxes have disappeared.
    05-30-09 12:05 PM
    OK. I think I got it. Battery pull, soft switch off and switch back on to get past the carrier screen. Switch to stock theme. Use task switching to get to the browser (as the icon's gone), open the bookmark to manage internet e-mail, resend service books. Battery pull. Once the phone's restarted, read all your e-mail. Battery pull.

Turn off scheduling on Quickpull to try to avoid this happening again. ;-P
    05-30-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD