I had the shield on for a week. It really looked ok for covering the entire phone. But it took the appeal away from my 8900. I finally love my phone again. Ill just have to continue babying it forever I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 04:58 PM
    I had the shield on for a week. It really looked ok for covering the entire phone. But it took the appeal away from my 8900. I finally love my phone again. Ill just have to continue babying it forever I guess.

I don't know if they make one for your phone, but have you thought about a clear case? If they are available, it will keep you liberated and protected.
    04-16-09 05:10 PM
    i love how it looks.

keeps it glossy
    04-16-09 05:12 PM
    yeah, I love how it looks too! but it looks a lot worst after you accidentally drop it and have a scratch on the body or even worse, on the screen!

Im not a fan of cases or skins, but after my phone took her first fall, I started hating the scratch, so I figured Id prevent it for next time.
    04-16-09 05:14 PM
    For the love of God its not a friggen BMW or Cindy Crawford. Cover the phone and protect it people. Its not that secksy and when I see someone with one I'm not thinking wow that person is the bawlm, what a secksy phone. Jeeezus. Protect your investment.

04-16-09 05:31 PM
    Just get a clairevue (spelling?), I can honestly say my screen looks 100% perfect and I have to show people how to look to see the screen protector. 100x better than zagg/bse
    04-16-09 05:36 PM
    It just depends how experienced you are at putting on the shields.

At this point, I can put on the entire body in under 10 minutes (for almost any phone), and it will be perfectly see through.

But I have done probably over 400 ZAGG installs

04-16-09 05:37 PM
    I see it diff. I really do think this phone is good looking. Its the nicest one of seen sold in stores to date. However, as much as I rather have it bare and not hiding behind a leather pouch or rubber case, I do feel it needs protection. This is why I chose BSE.. It barely hides the phone while somewhat protecting it.

And, to be honest, compared to some Nokias and Palms Ive seen, the 8900 IS sexy.
    04-16-09 05:37 PM
    i just peeled the bse sheet off the battery cover part, it thought it looked wayy too glossy. i'll stick to just the screen from now one. back to using the pouch again!
    04-16-09 05:51 PM
    i really wish i could find someone to apply my bse for me lol it looked horrible last time (ended up totally saving my phone though)
    04-16-09 08:00 PM
    Just use one table spoon of soap (like dish soap) and 5 table spoons of water. After it's mixed well, wet your fingers and moisten the BSE - front and back, just remember which side goes on the phone. Make sure it's damp/moist before you apply it on to the phone, just avoid applying it soaked. Soaking it is unnecessary and will prolong the installation time.
    Before placing the skin on to the phone, I used my fingers to sort of squeegie all the excess soap water off, leaving just enough so that the skin will slide so I can adjust it..

after that I left it in the sun that was hitting my desk and let it dry. I checked it every couple of minutes to make sure the edges were sticking down and not popping back up, and used my fingers to push out the air/water bubbles underneath the skin.

By the next day, the skin had dried clear and it hasnt began peeling at all since. I only skinned the screen, the part above the screen (with the BB logo), and the battery cover.
    Last edited by dannieloco; 04-16-09 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Cause I wanted to!
    04-16-09 08:07 PM
    im thinking about peeling mine off too because its peeling and looking ugly around the edges of the keys and screen.
    04-16-09 08:47 PM
    come on, it's just a phone, if i bought a Benz should i cover the entire car with plastics so it doesn't get scratch?
    04-17-09 12:30 AM
    A benz doesnt sit in your wallet with your keys, or in a purse, etc. plus you cant easily drop a benz...

All good tho, to each their own.
    04-17-09 01:39 AM
    I don't like the way skins look on this particular device either. I tried a black silicone skin the other day that I was thinking about buying but just thought it looked weird. I couldn't stand it on my 8820 either. I did however like the way the skin looked on muy 8320. I had a few diff color skins for that device when I was using it and I thought it actuallylooked better with the skin on than it did without it. But this one just looks weird to me. So I think I might get a black bezel and a black back plate for it. I know we're talking about protection here and not cosmetics but all black will look tight! And actually, when I drop this one eventually, this silver painted bezel will make the phone look crappy when its all chipped up

04-17-09 02:30 AM
    A benz doesnt sit in your wallet with your keys, or in a purse, etc. plus you cant easily drop a benz...

All good tho, to each their own.
    yes you can Dropzone Springs - Mercedes Benz CLK500 Lowering Springs DZ Sport - Dropzone DZ Sport Springs
    04-17-09 04:18 AM
    I don't think this is what he meant by drop. LOL
    04-17-09 12:08 PM
    im sure if people had the option, alot of them would opt to have a shield cover their car.

If there was such a thing like Invishible-shield for the car anyways
    04-17-09 12:12 PM
    lol. Im a fan of dropping cars. I have my eclipse dropped 2" and love it!
    04-17-09 12:50 PM
    i took it off the bezel, bottom rubber piece on the back and the sides..

i left it on the battery cover and the black ear piece..

looks much better ; >
    04-17-09 02:06 PM
    For the love of God its not a friggen BMW or Cindy Crawford. Cover the phone and protect it people. Its not that secksy and when I see someone with one I'm not thinking wow that person is the bawlm, what a secksy phone. Jeeezus. Protect your investment.

Man, stop imitating someone who owns a sidekick...
    04-17-09 02:19 PM
    im sure if people had the option, alot of them would opt to have a shield cover their car.

If there was such a thing like Invishible-shield for the car anyways
    3M makes a clearbra for car hoods/bumpers/headlights to protect it from rock dings. Other companies make similar stuff, can cost several hundred $$ to get put on though.
    04-17-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD