Hey guys, i upgraded my 8900 to .592 this morning, and everything looks good except for one thing...where the **** did MyFaves go?? Thats moderately annoying. There is no trace of it ever even being on my phone. Is this normal? Is there some compatibility issues that I'm not aware of? Please help if you can...

Thanks
    04-24-10 03:17 PM
    The OS that you upgraded to is not the official T-Mobile OS. Since it is some other carrier, and you deleted the vendor file, there really is no "vendor" associated with the OS. The Fave's is for T-Mobile only, and since your OS isnt officially T-Mo, you don't have the Faves.

I'm not too sure about this, but it makes sense. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?
    04-24-10 06:03 PM
    I'm sure you can get a myfaves fix somewhere. I think it involves getting the right files and putting them into the right folder. Then just do it through loader.exe or desktop manager app loader. That's what I think and do not have any real details. But it should be like putting more languages on your phone, which is akin to the way I described, I'm sure.

A la carte, I thought myfaves would be pushed to your device, kinda like mobilke backup. Guess not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 06:30 PM
    Sounds right. My Faves is built into the OS. If you can trackdown the .cod files you need from the official OS (which is still 4.6.xxx) you should be able to create a hybrid and have MyFaves on your BB. The only question in my head is will 4.6 .cods work on a 5.0 OS. As I recall some do and some dont.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 10:22 AM
    Yeah, I am not brave enough to start my own Frankenberry OS, so I've just reverted back to 4.6.231 for now. 5.0 was nice for a minute, but yeah I need MyFaves so i'll just have to wait until they release an update for the 8900, or until I get a new BB. Thanks for all the input.

Now if someone wanted to throw together a 5.0 OS with the proper files for me...well that'd be okay I guess. :P jk lol
    04-25-10 10:33 AM
    Unless i have it wrong, the purpose of myfaves is to identify 5 people that you have unlimited minutes to. Now, again, i may be talking out my a$$ here, but those people are identified at the carrier level. Seems like you could upgrade to 5.0 and then use iconify (sic?) to make shortcuts to those people. The myfaves icons are just a shortcut I think. That way you have the best of both worlds. I'm sure someone can correct me if my thinking is off on the function of myfaves.
    04-25-10 07:50 PM
    Download the 9700 5.0 OS for tmobile and get the CODS from there. That won't be frankenberry at all.
    04-25-10 08:43 PM
    What about resending your service books? When I upgraded my OS, I still had my T-Mo branded WAP browser and all the rest of the goodies, like the boot-up T-Mo splash screen. I never had MyFaves to begin with, so I wasn't looking for it. All I know is when I upgraded, my 8900 is still T-Mo branded inside and out. I don't know how or why because I don't fully grasp the mechanics of it. But I'd suggest giving the service books a try. Your MyFaves app might still be in your phone somewhere and just needs activation. Again, I am noooo expert; this is just my 2 cents.

If you don't know already, you can log in to the T-Mobile website and go to your email accounts page. Somewhere in the support menus there is a link to re-send your service books.
    04-25-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD