I use Opera to view my Cox webmail (no I don't want to push it to my BB) and if I select the text option to be "Medium", the text is huge. If I set it to "small", the text is unreadable. Anyone know of a way to get the text to display in about an 8 or 10 point font?

Also, I don't believe there is a way to tell the 8900 to use Opera as the default browser, correct?

If anyone has a download link to the beta of the Bolt browser, please PM me. I'm not on the beta list.

Thanks
    01-26-09 11:59 AM
    Did you try using the default browser? It is much improved from the Pearl browser you used to use. Also you can change the font size specifically using the Blackberry browser.
    01-26-09 01:09 PM
    If anyone has a download link to the beta of the Bolt browser, please PM me. I'm not on the beta list.
    I downloaded the Bolt browser to try it out yesterday. Just find the article on the Blogs and follow the links and add the promo code in the article... it worked for me.
    01-26-09 01:19 PM
    Did you try using the default browser? It is much improved from the Pearl browser you used to use. Also you can change the font size specifically using the Blackberry browser.
    The default browser is incompatible with webmail.
    01-26-09 02:29 PM
    The default browser is incompatible with webmail.
    Have you tried it out yet? I was able to login to my Gmail Webmail using the Blackberry browser on my 8900. I was using my BIS connection (not WiFi), Internet Browser, page view, Firefox browser emulation.
    01-26-09 03:07 PM
    Have you tried it out yet? I was able to login to my Gmail Webmail using the Blackberry browser on my 8900. I was using my BIS connection (not WiFi), Internet Browser, page view, Firefox browser emulation.
    Yes, I've tried it out. I'm trying to get to Cox's webmail, when I select the tab to go to their webmail page, I'm getting the following:

Can't insert page '/login/login.jsp' : /login/login.jsp Tag 'insert' can't insert page 'mobileMenu'. Check if it exists. path must start with '/' : "mobileMenu" ????

This is on BIS,(WiFi or not, same error), column view. I'm going to try the Firefox emulation.

EDIT: Changing the emulation to Firefox corrected the problem. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by YMark; 01-26-09 at 03:31 PM.
    01-26-09 03:24 PM
    Awesome, glad you got it to work. The new browser really is nice. I haven't had a reason yet to install Opera Mini, since I used it pre OS 4.5 (on my 8310). I checked out the Bolt browser because it was new the other day and I liked the potential I saw with it.
    01-26-09 03:48 PM
    Finally, Rogers activated all the features of my BB8900, so I can access the Web. Your opinions: Bolt or Opera Mini?

If Mini, which version (there's none listed for 8900!)

Thanks

Pete
    01-26-09 07:07 PM
    Bolt browser only works on WiFi. I like the Blackberry browser as it is no improved in OS version 4.5 and above.
    01-26-09 07:29 PM
    Bolt browser only works on WiFi.
    Disagree. I was using it today and wasn't on WiFi.

BTW, are you happy with 4.6.1.133?
    Last edited by YMark; 01-26-09 at 09:31 PM.
    01-26-09 09:28 PM
    Disagree. I was using it today and wasn't on WiFi.

BTW, are you happy with 4.6.1.133?
    Really? When did you download Bolt and what version are you running? Perhaps I need an update, I didn't see any settings to change. I downloaded the browser the first day it was available as per Kevin's blog.

.133 is awesome so far, no complaints. There's some good feedback on the beta OS thread.
    01-26-09 10:33 PM
    Really? When did you download Bolt and what version are you running? Perhaps I need an update, I didn't see any settings to change. I downloaded the browser the first day it was available as per Kevin's blog.
    I downloaded it this afternoon. Help file says it is client version 0.73
    01-26-09 11:00 PM
    I downloaded it this afternoon. Help file says it is client version 0.73
    I have the same version, you are sure that you can run it with WiFi disabled? If so, please elaborate on your settings, etc. I would love to run it on my EDGE network instead of just WiFi.
    01-26-09 11:21 PM
    I just tried it again. I had WiFi enabled, then went to "Manage Connections" and disabled WiFi. Started Bolt, entered a new web page, and it came up. Albeit, a bit slower.

I like this browser except for the fonts and the jumpy cursor. Real TOUGH to read, even set to XXLarge.
    01-26-09 11:26 PM
    As far as I can tell the Bolt browser works either though WiFi or through APN settings not through BIS. If you can test this and confirm you are working with Bolt through your BIS then please let me know all the settings you did to get it to work. I would love to know. This thread discusses the issue and it appears users have only got it to work though WiFi or APN settings.
    01-26-09 11:30 PM
    Well maybe there is some ignorance on my part. How do I tell if I'm using APN and not BIS?
    01-26-09 11:32 PM
    Turn your WiFi radio off, in connection settings not in Bold. Then go into Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP > "Uncheck" APN Settings Enabled. Save. Then try Bolt browser. You can then go to menu, Wireless enabled or disabled. Neither works.
    01-26-09 11:35 PM
    Turn your WiFi radio off, in connection settings not in Bold. Then go into Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP > "Uncheck" APN Settings Enabled. Save. Then try Bolt browser. You can then go to menu, Wireless enabled or disabled. Neither works.
    I did what you stated above, and you're correct. Bolt will not work.
    01-27-09 09:36 AM
    I did what you stated above, and you're correct. Bolt will not work.
    Darn. I was hoping you knew something I didn't. Thanks for testing this out anyway.
    01-27-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD