I'll try to make a very long story relatively short....
    I lost my Pearl last night and called today to suspend my account. That is when I started doing research to find a new phone and I came across the 8900. I stumbled upon this forum and decided to give it a try at getting the phone now.
    I called 7+ times and only 1 of those times, a CSR agreed to send it to me but for the $429.99 (I'm 5 months shy of the full discount). I didn't agree to that, and tried again a few more times. I guess at some point a CSR put a note on my account saying that I can get the full discount on the 11th...so I just planned on waiting it out and using a loaner until then.
    When I was on my way to pick up the loaner, a T-Mobile Rep called me on my husband's phone. She apologized for all the different stories that I had heard today, and that she doesn't know why they wouldn't give me the phone now for $299.99. So she said that for the inconvenience, she would go ahead and order it for me and get it shipped out right away. And instead of mailing in the rebate, she would give me an immediate credit to my account of $100!!
    I couldn't believe it ~ thought it was too good to be true! When I got to the store to pick up my loaner, the guy asked if I was going to get a new phone. I told him that I had an 8900 on the way and this was the face I got He didn't believe me. But then he pulled up my account and saw the notations about it! LOL
    As you can tell, I am SOOOO happy, and no one really appreciates this story except for fellow "Crackheads" so I joined this forum to share the good news!

(Guess my long story wasn't so SHORT! Sorry!)
    01-30-09 08:38 PM
    I LOVE it!!! Congrats! I had to pay the $429 with expedited shipping... you lucky dog! Keep us posted on when it comes.

I especially enjoyed the Store rep's reaction! I just gotta get into my local store and show off my baby!
    01-30-09 08:43 PM
    Congratulations! btw, what loaner phone did you get?
    01-30-09 09:03 PM
    Some POS Nokia...2760 I think.
    I'm in the Tampa Bay area....so with it being SuperBowl weekend and all, they said a lot of people were getting loaners. I had to call 9 locations until I found one with a phone available.
    01-30-09 09:09 PM
    well done!

paid about 350 for mine :P if i waited a month i could get one free from work.. but not the point :P
    01-30-09 09:19 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Persistence pays off again, great job! I hope you enjoy your new phone when you get it as much as we all are enjoying our.
    01-30-09 11:08 PM
    Good story! Congrats on getting a good deal and an awesome phone. I like reading these stories because my purchase of the 8900 wasn't so dramatic. I knew I wanted the phone months ago when I started reading about it. I also knew what the cost would be. When someone announced on another BlackBerry forum that he had called as a regular customer and was able to purchase the phone I figured.."why not lets give it a shot". I dialed 611 and 10 minutes later I was all done with the purchase.

My 8900 story has more twists and turns after that but I have always been happy that on my first 611 call there wasn't any issue. By the way Issac the customer service guy... if you are reading this... thanks man!!!!!
    01-30-09 11:22 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and our addiction meyerca!! Its always great to read a awesome story about a happy customer and their Blackberry. Def keep us posted on the whole thing and let us know how you like the phone when it arrives.
    01-30-09 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

"The Hotness" (my 8900's name) is on its way here and will be delivered tomorrow. I think my hubby got jealous, so I had to order him one tonight. LOL. I got it on the first try ~ but I guess they couldn't really tell me no since I already have one on the way

I will be waiting by my front door until it arrives tomorrow!!!
    02-03-09 10:12 PM
    congrats! Join the family
    02-04-09 03:04 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! You will LOVE this phone. I went from a Pearl>Curve>8900 and let me tell you, there is no comparison. I thought I loved all my previous berrys but this thing makes them seem archaic! Give us your full report of what you think! and youre right, only us "crackheads" can truly appreciate that one lol
    02-04-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD