Man!

I've got my new BlackBerry since a few weeks, but the Alt and Shift button are in the wrong place!

With the BB, alt is on the left, shift at the bottom. With a standard keyboard it's the other way around! I keep writing caps when I want numbers or comma's and vice-versa. I mean, if the keyboard is a qwerty-board (hooray for that, btw) why are the alt- and shift-keys in the wrong places? It's taking me twice as long to write messages, because I keep putting in the wrong characters. Woe is me!

Is there a brainiac out there that has made or can make some kind of tweak to switch the use of the buttons around?

Thanks,
    Alexander.
    06-30-09 06:23 AM
    The letters are QWERTY, alt and shift are not. Keep in mind there are also many letters missing from the standard keypad (missing is not the right word, they are just secondary characters). There is no way to switch them, and give it a week or so and you will be fine on typing.
    06-30-09 07:06 AM
    Keyboards are hardwired to the machine... that is why people can not swap a QWERTY keyboard for a QWERTZ keyboard. Oh, Oh... you better watch it... there are a few other things that are non-standard... a Symbol key... not to mention all those special characters... and oh ya, that number pad.
    06-30-09 07:10 AM
    This is a little funny because I always hit the wrong button and type in CAPS when I want to type the alt characters and vice versa....LOL and I have had my 8900 for a long time....but there is no way to change it
    06-30-09 07:21 AM
    This is a little funny because I always hit the wrong button and type in CAPS when I want to type the alt characters and vice versa....LOL and I have had my 8900 for a long time....but there is no way to change it
    Poor ClintRo... I did't know you had such a major issue!!!
    06-30-09 07:29 AM
    well... it is more of a mental issue...LOL weak mind and all!!!
    06-30-09 07:38 AM
    Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one.

Too bad there's no keyboard mapping program available.
    06-30-09 08:06 AM
    It doesn't really throw me off as typing on a bb feels completely differnet than using a standard keyboard. Especially since you don't have to press alt to type numbers on a normal keyboard. Only thing that gets me is that delete and enter are right on top of each other. Many messages and posts sent early lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:27 AM
    At least you have a physical keyboard lol.... Be thankful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:52 AM
    Someone is always going to find something to complain about ...
    06-30-09 10:53 AM
    Since I never use the shift key -- I just hold down the letter key until it shifts -- I don't have a problem using the Alt key when I want to shift....
    06-30-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD