I'm rarely on desktop manager, and out of boredom, I thought I'd check it out.
    I'm sure its no big news to most of you, but I found one more reason to love my blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 09:05 PM
    Congrats..on your find.
    03-04-10 09:19 PM
    I'm sure its no big news to most of you, but I found one more reason to love my blackberry.

Congratulations.

Check if there are any tethering charges mentioned in your service provider's contract. Also, I am sure you must be aware that this usage counts as data on your BB plan.

Enjoy
    03-05-10 01:30 AM
    T-mobile USA requires you to have unlimited data plan for internet usage unless it's wi-fi.
    I called the Customer Care and asked them, and they assured me as long as I have Blackberry Data plan (which is unlimited internet for $24.99 per month), getting online using Blackberry as the modem is all free.
    03-05-10 01:33 AM

And how do u set this up? I have ttried to do this but without luck...
    03-05-10 01:49 AM
    Use desktop manager 501 or above. But this works only when you connect thro usb. If u want to tether thro bluetooth you need commercial software such as tetherberry

03-05-10 01:53 AM
    This is a option that I tend to use from time to time when no other options are available. Its a bit slower than other connections yet it does help out when needed.
    03-05-10 10:41 AM
    T-Mobile doesn't charge more for tethering a Blackberry so as long as you have an unlimited BB plan, you can use it for free.
    03-05-10 11:58 AM
    Wish ATT had something like this instead of charging extra

03-06-10 01:08 AM
    T-Mobile is free yes.

I have AT&T and unfortunately have to pay extra, but it's still cheaper than other types of internet service if you just need something basic. I've always found using the USB cable to be more reliable than tethering over Bluetooth. Also nice because it charges the phone while you're connected. I literally never have to use my wall changer anymore.
    03-06-10 10:44 PM
    I love Tmobile for this. That's one of the reasons I won't switch carriers.
    Been tethering for over a year and have had not problems with them.

03-06-10 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD