12-11-08 11:55 PM

T Mobile UK release:-

BlackBerry Curve 8900 launched - Mobile News

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:09 AM
    *Vomits wildly at the very thought of T-Mobile, yet almost creams pants at the thought of an unklocked one from CPW in the 'coming days'*
    12-12-08 07:21 AM
    I'm either going to end up with an injunction from CPW stopping me going in everyday to play with the display model, or I'm going to bankrupt myself buying it sim free! Stupid 18 month T-Mobile contract!

12-12-08 12:53 PM
    I'm either going to end up with an injunction from CPW stopping me going in everyday to play with the display model, or I'm going to bankrupt myself buying it sim free! Stupid 18 month T-Mobile contract!

Can't you buy yourself out of the remaining months of your T-Mo contract Laura? And sell your Pearl sim-free to cover some of the cost?! Then take out a new one with a free handset on O2/Orange. Should be cheaper than buying sim free at least?!
    Last edited by GenusRubus; 12-14-08 at 05:39 AM.
    12-12-08 01:01 PM
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about that! Will have to look into it. Once xmas is over tho I think.

12-12-08 01:09 PM
    So has anybody actually pre-ordered it from o2 yet? I can't keep off that darned link but am reluctant to order when they haven't yet given a definite delivery date and my local branch has no idea either.

I'm on their 20 a month Simplicity tariff which includes 600 mins, 1k texts and Unlimited BB Bolt On so will probably buy the phone outright. On the other hand, obsessed as I am with the 8900, I do still love my 8300 and will be sad to lay it to rest .... yeah, well, not THAT sad
    12-13-08 10:48 AM
    So has anybody actually pre-ordered it from o2 yet? I can't keep off that darned link but am reluctant to order when they haven't yet given a definite delivery date and my local branch has no idea either.

I'm on their 20 a month Simplicity tariff which includes 600 mins, 1k texts and Unlimited BB Bolt On so will probably buy the phone outright. On the other hand, obsessed as I am with the 8900, I do still love my 8300 and will be sad to lay it to rest .... yeah, well, not THAT sad
    I'm on Simplicity too...the same deal. O2 aren't taking pre-orders 'til the 22nd, and aren't releasing handsets to customers until the 5th of January unfortunately.
    Carphone Warehouse were initially due to sell unlocked handsets from next Sat the 20th on both Orange and O2, or even sim-free, but have now brought that forward to this coming Tuesday the 16th. You can pre-order (with free delivery on Tues) on their website.....
    The New BlackBerry Curve 8900 Titanium Exclusively at The Carphone Warehouse
    Titanium looks very nice to me too! I'll be picking mine up in Tuesday morning!
    12-13-08 02:21 PM
    GenusRubus before I die of jealousy please tell me how you ordered it. When you click on the Buy Now link it just goes to a page with other handsets, no 8900 shown

Did you phone them to order it?
    How much was it? (If 399 then I'll have to wait until o2 have it for 234 plus VAT.)

Tuesday ... you lucky bugger!!
    12-13-08 03:27 PM
    Ah, just checked that link....as you say, it won't let you order now. It was working yesterday....my brother went all the way through the order process, added card details etc, and specified the address for delivery on the first day available which was Tuesday.

As for me, I prefer to get my hands on it first....thankfully a good friend of mine is Branch Manager of a CPW near my office and is keeping one back for me. Really not allowed to do anything until Tuesday, but believe me I've been bothering him about it!!
    Was going to wait for O2, but am very keen to get one without the junk network software so am taking a new contract with CPW/O2 instead. It's 35, so an extra 15 a month over the Simplicity, but my buddy's hooking me up with the option to upgrade at 11 months rather than 18 so the handset's basically costing me 165 (15x11).

Can't bloody wait.
    12-13-08 04:15 PM
    Ah, just checked that link....as you say, it won't let you order now. It was working yesterday....my brother went all the way through the order process, added card details etc, and specified the address for delivery on the first day available which was Tuesday.

As for me, I prefer to get my hands on it first....thankfully a good friend of mine is Branch Manager of a CPW near my office and is keeping one back for me. Really not allowed to do anything until Tuesday, but believe me I've been bothering him about it!!
    Was going to wait for O2, but am very keen to get one without the junk network software so am taking a new contract with CPW/O2 instead. It's 35, so an extra 15 a month over the Simplicity, but my buddy's hooking me up with the option to upgrade at 11 months rather than 18 so the handset's basically costing me 165 (15x11).

Can't bloody wait.

Hi,

Are the CPW O2 tariffs exactly the same as O2's I think with O2 you get:

Online 35 600mins 1000texts Phone FREE + a bolt on like unlimited wifi

Is O2's softare realy that bad?

Also is it standard that you can upgrade after 11 months with CPW?

Never had a BlackBerry before and realy like the 8900 although I also fancied the Storm but I would never go back to Vodafone and as it's an exclusive there is no chance of it going to O2!

Cheers now
    12-13-08 05:39 PM
    Hi,

Are the CPW O2 tariffs exactly the same as O2's I think with O2 you get:

Online 35 600mins 1000texts Phone FREE + a bolt on like unlimited wifi

Is O2's softare realy that bad?

Also is it standard that you can upgrade after 11 months with CPW?

Never had a BlackBerry before and realy like the 8900 although I also fancied the Storm but I would never go back to Vodafone and as it's an exclusive there is no chance of it going to O2!

Cheers now
    Hey Grolsch (one of my absolute favourites, incidentally).

The O2 tariff with CPW will be 35 for 600 mins (any time, any net), and UNLIMITED txts (fair usage policy of 3000 I think). The bolt-on you would get with any other handset is replaced with 'BlackBerry Unlimited' which gives you your push-email and unlimited data over the network's EDGE connection.
    Phone is free.

I'm not sure how good/bad their software is....I've just always been a fan of generic phones. As smartphones get 'smarter' I just believe that there's so much more to go wrong if messed with, and I'll be having mine how RIM meant it to be thankyou very much!!

Finally, no, you can't usually upgrade at 11 months....a friend is hooking me up. The above is an 18-monther, but I think you can upgrade as soon as you hit the 1st day of your 16th month.....you'd have to check that though!

Hope that helps buddy
    Last edited by GenusRubus; 12-13-08 at 06:12 PM.
    12-13-08 06:09 PM
    I picked two up from CPW Walthamstow yesterday (they had five in at about midday).

Using one on T-Mobile UK now.
    12-14-08 08:01 AM
    I picked two up from CPW Walthamstow yesterday (they had five in at about midday).

Using one on T-Mobile UK now.
    NICE!!

My 'so-called' friend won't let me have mine 'til Tuesday! It's cool though....as I can't get there 'til then anyway!

Did you buy sim-free?
    And how's .101?
    12-14-08 08:36 AM
    NICE!!

My 'so-called' friend won't let me have mine 'til Tuesday! It's cool though....as I can't get there 'til then anyway!

Did you buy sim-free?
    And how's .101?
    Why Tuesday - why not Wednesday? :-D

I got mine on a CPW O2 upgrade,

101 is OK, for some reason the flash (for photos) was working intermittently, even when set to 'auto' and 'on'.
    12-14-08 09:31 AM
    What prices did people get? I just rang up and they said they had it in stock.

60 if I want it on a 12 month contract, otherwise free on an 18 month.

Turns out they don't let you return the phone if you don't like it after using it unlike O2. So I'm just going to wait until O2 get it.
    12-14-08 11:35 AM
    Hi Dips

I spoke to CPW this morning and it's true that if you order it online or over the phone you can hang onto it for 14 days but you can only look at it and not use it.

If you don't like it you can return it to a local CPW.

I then spoke to o2 to cancel my Simplicity contract with them (in order to do the 35 a month o2/CPW thing) and they said that bcs I'm a long term customer they'll be able to beat CPW's tariff. So I'm also going to hang on until the 22nd.

I'll also pop into CPW and see if I can squeeze a better deal out of them!
    12-15-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD