Hi guys. Hoping someone can help me here.

This afternoon, I stopped receiving text messages. I could still send out messages because my friends told me they were receiving them. However, looking in my inbox I do not see a confirmation of a sent text message (message with the little check on it). They told me they sent a reply text but I have not received any. I can send and receive emails without issues. But the texts are a problem.

I tried a hard reboot, pulling out the battery and placing it back in and it didn't work. I took out the sim card and put it back in. Didn't help. I updated the software via the desktop manager. No go. I called and spoke to a tech person from T-Mobile and they weren't much help either. When I reboot I get an error message saying: uncaughtexception: java.langNullpointerexception could this be the reason why? I appreciate any help! Thank you guys!
    05-18-09 07:03 PM
    Big time bummer...

Hope you figure it out. If you do, you should let us know what was the fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:09 PM
    Try the following:

1 - Switch to one of the default precision themes on your device
    2 - Do a battery pull
    3 - After the phone restarts, switch back to the theme you were using

In the future, make sure that you do not restart your phone if you have unread messages and a 3rd party theme active.
    05-19-09 01:06 AM
    I was actually on with a t-mobile technician that helped fix the issue. Here are the steps:

1.) Make sure you backup your phone info

2.) Click into SETTINGS

3.) next window, click into OPTIONS

4.) In the options window, click into SECURITY OPTIONS

5.) next window, click into GENERAL SETTINGS

6.) once in General Settings, hit the Blackberry button and select WIPE HANDHELD

The tech explained that this is going to "clean up" the phone thereby eliminating the issues that cause the blocking of text messages (including receiving them). Sure enough it worked! Good thing for the backup.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion :-)
    05-20-09 09:31 AM
    I absolutely do not think you had to wipe the device but that is actually not fixing the problem. It is almost like reformatting it because you go back to how it was when it was purchased. I wish you had tried my solution first because I think it would have worked for you and you wouldn't have had to lose everything on your device in the process.
    05-20-09 10:43 AM
    I agree with aristile. It's like formatting your computer, and re-installing the operating system b/c you weren't getting emails through outlook.

I'm sorry, but that was highly unnecessary...
    05-20-09 10:56 AM
    Wiping the device is definitely not going to fix the problem. It is most likely something on T-mobiles end, so I would call and ask them to create a troubleshooting ticket. They should have the problem solved within 72 hours if they can't solve it while talking to you on the phone.
    05-20-09 11:05 AM
    have you checked your file free in your status. I know that with my old bb (still love her) when my memory was full it would not only delete messages but I couldn't seem to send them either.
    05-20-09 12:02 PM
    Actually, I didn't lose anything at all. I thought I lost my videos and pics when I didn't find them initially. But they happened to go under a different folder. Everything is set to the way it was before. I'm just relieved at this point.

Thank you for the suggestion. Hpefully it doesn't happen again but if it does I have your response as the prefffered alternative.
    05-25-09 08:28 PM
    Actually, I didn't lose anything at all. I thought I lost my videos and pics when I didn't find them initially. But they happened to go under a different folder. Everything is set to the way it was before. I'm just relieved at this point.

Thank you for the suggestion. Hpefully it doesn't happen again but if it does I have your response as the prefffered alternative.
    Where are you storing your videos and pictures? I hope they are on a media card and not your device. I wonder because wiping and changing your OS wouldn't affect files on your card.

05-25-09 09:44 PM
    Perform a BlackBerry Throw

Throw your BlackBerry against a wall.

Actually are your SMS settings set to 7 bit?

Are these friends on Sprint? I have constant issues with Sprint to TMO and reverse. The girl has called Sprint many times and they often have issues with texting.

Seeing that D over the check mark doesn't guaranty that it has been delivered either does not seeing the D means it hasn't been delivered. Delivery reports are worthless most of the time.
    05-25-09 09:56 PM
    I just started having this problem today. I've tried hard reset, resending service books, host routing table, the whole nine yards. My texts are going OUT, but I'm not receiving any at all and haven't been since about 3:30 this morning (it's been about twelve hours now). Help? I'm at a loss.

05-29-09 02:15 PM
    Hi guys. Hoping someone can help me here.

This afternoon, I stopped receiving text messages. I could still send out messages because my friends told me they were receiving them. However, looking in my inbox I do not see a confirmation of a sent text message (message with the little check on it). They told me they sent a reply text but I have not received any. I can send and receive emails without issues. But the texts are a problem.

I tried a hard reboot, pulling out the battery and placing it back in and it didn't work. I took out the sim card and put it back in. Didn't help. I updated the software via the desktop manager. No go. I called and spoke to a tech person from T-Mobile and they weren't much help either. When I reboot I get an error message saying: uncaughtexception: java.langNullpointerexception could this be the reason why? I appreciate any help! Thank you guys!
    When i started reading what you rote, it was like deja vu....... SERIOUSLY!! i had the same problem (but on my pearl) i also did all what you did, my bro called t-mobile, he spent like 2 or 3 hours talking to some "blackberry expert" and in the end it was the same, except that i knew that i had been messing with the phone a little bit earlier and i was trying to remember what it was that caused the problem, when he was still talking to the guy i grabbed the phone and started messing thru the settings again until i noticed that on Security Options > Firewall - the Status: was set to Enabled and it had the SMS checked, so i told my brother, he told the "blackberry expert" the guy sent me a test message and TA DA!!! it worked, the guy was really surprised but he said he was going to write down for further calls reguarding the same issue, you should try that, you never know......
    05-29-09 04:28 PM
    When i started reading what you rote, it was like deja vu....... SERIOUSLY!! i had the same problem (but on my pearl) i also did all what you did, my bro called t-mobile, he spent like 2 or 3 hours talking to some "blackberry expert" and in the end it was the same, except that i knew that i had been messing with the phone a little bit earlier and i was trying to remember what it was that caused the problem, when he was still talking to the guy i grabbed the phone and started messing thru the settings again until i noticed that on Security Options > Firewall - the Status: was set to Enabled and it had the SMS checked, so i told my brother, he told the "blackberry expert" the guy sent me a test message and TA DA!!! it worked, the guy was really surprised but he said he was going to write down for further calls reguarding the same issue, you should try that, you never know......
    I thank you for this message...I had a problem with my text messages today and I was not receiving them but people were receiving the text messages that I sent....This helped me because somehow my sms box was checked under the firewall option and was blocking me from receiving my test messages. I called my customer service (a local T-Mobile affiliate) and they wanted to do something that was seemed too drastic and ridiculous! So I started searching the forums here on Crackberry and I found the solution to my problem here! Thanks again
    03-14-10 12:00 PM
    I thank you for this message...I had a problem with my text messages today and I was not receiving them but people were receiving the text messages that I sent....This helped me because somehow my sms box was checked under the firewall option and was blocking me from receiving my test messages. I called my customer service (a local T-Mobile affiliate) and they wanted to do something that was seemed too drastic and ridiculous! So I started searching the forums here on Crackberry and I found the solution to my problem here! Thanks again
    haha yeah no problem, when it happened to me i couldnt believe the answer was so obvious and i didnt know it
    03-14-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD