After about 3 weeks just today the ball is stuck and will not scroll down. How do I fix this?
    06-08-09 08:26 PM
    Press and roll down firmly on the trackball. If its still stuck you might have something lodged in there. Get a can of air and blow a little air in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 08:30 PM
    After about 3 weeks just today the ball is stuck and will not scroll down. How do I fix this?
    With a nail (fingernail) or something small pull out the ring, flip the phone over and the ball assembly will fall out. Make sure nothing it stuck in the rollers, blow into the hole (haha) and replace.
    06-08-09 08:35 PM
    I have this problem all the friggin time. I noticed that the newer BB's have a "rough" trackball, as opposed to the smooth one on mine. It sticks constantly which is a real pain.
    06-08-09 08:37 PM
    With a nail (fingernail) or something small pull out the ring, flip the phone over and the ball assembly will fall out. Make sure nothing it stuck in the rollers, blow into the hole (haha) and replace.
    If it would come out that easy then wouldn't that be a bad thing?
    06-08-09 08:44 PM
    I 2nd the can of compressed air. That's what I use and it always seems to work.
    06-08-09 08:56 PM
    The OP has an 8900, there is not ring like on the 83xx series. Instead, the entire phone has to be taken apart to get to the trackball assembly.
    06-08-09 08:58 PM
    I frequently had the same problem, my VZW rep popped the ball out as described below and cleaned the assembly with rubbing alcohol (which didn't work for him, he ended up replacing the assembly for me).
    I had tried the canned air with no results. Since the new one is in, I have had no problems.
    06-08-09 09:06 PM
    I dont have an compressed air can =/
    06-08-09 09:10 PM
    i am having the same problem..mine inst scrolling down..and now i am starting to have trouble scrolling up

I have trying the press and roll all weekend. did not work.

looks like i will need to get a replacement
    06-08-09 10:24 PM
    I frequently had the same problem, my VZW rep popped the ball out as described below and cleaned the assembly with rubbing alcohol (which didn't work for him, he ended up replacing the assembly for me).
    I had tried the canned air with no results. Since the new one is in, I have had no problems.
    The same exact think here except I'm not with vzw I'm with t-mobile haha...

06-09-09 03:07 AM
    I have this problem sometimes-but I usually just lift and roll the ball firmly with my fingernail a few times and she's back to normal.
    06-09-09 06:30 AM
    The OP has an 8900, there is not ring like on the 83xx series. Instead, the entire phone has to be taken apart to get to the trackball assembly.
    Ahh.. I was on the mobile site and could not tell what type of BB it was. Guess you gotta go with the compressed air. (I would pop that BB open and clean it up)
    06-09-09 12:23 PM
    Ahh.. I was on the mobile site and could not tell what type of BB it was. Guess you gotta go with the compressed air. (I would pop that BB open and clean it up)
    Opening the 8900 voids the warranty so I would advise against doing this unless you are ok with voiding the warranty.
    06-09-09 12:37 PM
    A quick slide around on a piece of paper, pressing firmly, usually does the trick for me. Also helps to remove oil from the ball.
    06-09-09 01:40 PM
    Wow, it does sound pretty commom, although I rarely keep in my pocket so I don't have much of a lint issue. I have had the ball not respond before, but never stuck.

06-09-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD