Hi people,

I might be very stupid, but I can't find BlackBerry maps on my bb, and downloading it doesn't work! I've tried it like a thousand times, and T-Mobile isn't much of a help either. All they've got to say is: ''it's the most difficult phone we sell, i don't know anything about it. You should go to a store, they'll help you there.'' But the people at the store also don't know anything about it!

I also have problems setting up my email. My only option is: ''I want to use a BlackBerry Enterprise Server''. Is there a possibility to change this?

Please forgive me for my bad English, i'm from the Netherlands, and my school doesn't give very many English classes!

I really hope you can help me, and forgive me for any stupid things I've missed, it's my first BlackBerry!

Regards,

Wouter
    02-20-09 02:47 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

You need to re-send the service books to your phone, I believe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...-books-114480/
    02-20-09 02:55 PM
    Hi aristile,

Thanks for your quick reply! I did everyting I could find and resent my servicebooks and called my provider, but none of those things solved the issue(s). I don't know if it's of any importance, but my HRT-editor says: ''no indications'' (or something like that, i'm not exactly sure how to translate ''vermeldingen''). I hope you or someone else is able to help me!
    02-20-09 03:20 PM
    Try a battery pull. Remove the battery from your phone, wait 5 seconds or so and put it back in. See if that helps.
    02-20-09 03:22 PM
    I've tried that too (several times, spread over a couple days...). Nothing seems to work!
    Last edited by WKz; 02-20-09 at 03:31 PM.
    02-20-09 03:27 PM
    Your email is set up via internet, not on the phone. Your are looking in the wrong place.

For maps, it should come preinstalled. No need to install it. Is it not in your menu already? Are your really sure?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:29 PM
    @pogostick - BlackberryMaps, is also a service book ... check out your service books on your device.

@WKz - I was assuming that since you contacted T-mobile that you have a data plan on your account. Maybe I should not have done that. Do you have a BIS plan setup on your account? Is your phone registered on the network? You will get an email in your messages stating that your phone has been registered on the network when you are.
    02-20-09 03:33 PM
    I've set everything right on BIS via internet, and I'm really sure it isn't in my menu! Even the lady at the t-mobile store spent 10 minutes searching for it, but she wasn't able to find it either... I do have a BIS plan, but I didn't receive a message wich says that I'm registerd... How long will it take to receive that message? And I think it's very weird, but my bb says it doesn't has any servicebooks... I've tried to send it troug the BIS page, but I don't notice any differance.
    Last edited by WKz; 02-20-09 at 03:38 PM.
    02-20-09 03:33 PM
    If you enter the menu, go to manage connections ... Status ... Do you see your are connected to BIS?

02-20-09 03:39 PM
    No! Is there a way i can change that? I'm sure i'm paying for it...
    02-20-09 03:41 PM
    That is problem, you are not connected to BIS and therefore can not get your service books, etc.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BB Key > Register Now
    02-20-09 03:46 PM
    Are you in gprs coverage? Data is not turned off? Try registering the device via HRT and menukey - register now.

02-20-09 03:46 PM
    @aristile: I don't have a option or anything like that... No bb key or something..

@pogostick: I'm sure i've got gprs coverage area, and data turned on.
    02-20-09 03:49 PM
    BB Key is the Blackberry Key on your phone ... it is to the left of the trackball, has the Blackberry logo on it.

At this point I really think you should stop and read through the 101 lectures. I have a link to them in my signature.
    02-20-09 03:52 PM
    Just to be sure, bb key means you need to press the key left to the trackball while in HRT.

You should see some options, at least 'close'.

02-20-09 03:52 PM
    Oh, silly me
    Ofcourse, i've tried to register. I didn't get any confirmation, but I dont know if I should expect that. I'll read the 101!
    Thank you very much for your help, both of you!
    02-20-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD