Hey, got my 8900 yesterday and im loving it so far.. I just have a few questions..

First up, im running OS version .133 on T-Mobile UK... now do i need to obtain my firmware update from T Mobile UK or can i use the sticky at the top of this board? Whats the difference between the two? Also where would i find the official T-Mobile firmware?

Second quesion....When i hit the blackberry menu button, then hit again and go to switch application i perminantly have the browser, call log, BBM and my messages open.. Does this mean they're running? I've tried going into each app and hitting the menu key then close and it doesnt close from the switch application view... Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance peoples!
    06-24-09 04:57 PM
    Why are you updating the OS? Are you having any problems or issues?
    06-24-09 05:02 PM
    When you hit BB menu it shows those by default, if it was blank how would you choose anything? lol
    06-24-09 05:06 PM
    Hey, got my 8900 yesterday and im loving it so far.. I just have a few questions..

First up, im running OS version .133 on T-Mobile UK... now do i need to obtain my firmware update from T Mobile UK or can i use the sticky at the top of this board? Whats the difference between the two? Also where would i find the official T-Mobile firmware?

Second quesion....When i hit the blackberry menu button, then hit again and go to switch application i perminantly have the browser, call log, BBM and my messages open.. Does this mean they're running? I've tried going into each app and hitting the menu key then close and it doesnt close from the switch application view... Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help in advance peoples!

I'm not sure about the firmware, because I don't have an 8900, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help on that.

As far as the four apps go, they're always running in the background. Those are the four main ones, and they'll always be there in your switch application pop up. They won't mess up your phone or cause it to lag. I still go to that several times a day to make sure those are the only ones left running, because I personally don't like leaving a whole bunch of stuff running on my phone, but that's your own decision! =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 05:30 PM
    Mafaboy - nope I'm not having any issues as of yet I was just thinking sureley if there's an update it would be a good idea to have the latest firmware?

Sidekicker - I was under the assumption they weren't supposed to be there, thought they might be lagging it up

Gingerdawg - thanx for the info, atlest you cleared that one up for me!

06-24-09 05:44 PM
    You should log into to T-Mobile UK's website to get the Official T-Mobile UK OS for your device... that is the OS that they will support... the top sticky OS is the latest Officially released OS that some carrier is using somewhere in the world... .250 has been picked up my TIM Italy, AT&T and Rogers.

There are 5 app that are always running as part of the Operating System (OS): Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages
    06-24-09 06:11 PM
    just plug your phone into you blackberry desktop manager and let it search for updates and install, if it doesnt then you have the latest available to you.
    06-24-09 10:09 PM
    Just go for it and download the latest released os, I ran .266 I think on my 8900 til it got a hybrid loaded, and it was nice and fast. Sometimes the updates can break a few things but you can always downgrade . Enjoy the 8900, it's a great phone!

06-25-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD