Ok, lets see if I can explain my problem here.

I had my work email setup with my phone and I thought everything was all set up and dandy.

But, I was unable to take a picture and then send to someone as an email. A message would come up explaining that no message service was setup, or something to that regard.

I called into Rogers, and they explained that the problem was because I only had the gmail application on my phone. So she got me to change a few things and now I have another email icon on my phone. But when i get an email, it comes right away to the new email icon, then again 2-4 mins later to my old gmail icon.

I can email a picture now, but now whenever I get an email, it comes to both email icons. What in the world do I need to do?

I just want it setup so I can email a picture and when I get a email it comes to my phone only once.

I'm a total BB newbie and will admit, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    I did search for the last few hours and cannot find the answer.

Help!
    02-03-09 10:25 PM
    looks like ur email is being forwarded from one to the other.
    are you sure the mail isn't going to your messages folder along with your gmail folder? because this is normal
    02-03-09 10:43 PM
    Go into the Application screen > Highlight the "old" email icon > Menu button > Hide
    02-03-09 10:43 PM
    Thanx for the quick replies guys!

I 'hide' the old email icon and tested it a few times. Seems to only be going to the new email icon now. Right on.

Another question. With my the 'old' gmail application that I was using, when I would open it on my phone it would have different colors in the header area and certain names would be different colors. It looked kinda similar to the screen when I log onto my email via a computer. Also, when I would go on a computer and send an email, I would also be able to see the sent email when I check on my phone. This new email icon that this Rogers rep set up does not do that. It just looks like my sms and mms messages area and it does not show any emails that I have sent via my computer.

Hopefully I explained this issue properly?

I almost feel like just erasing all of these email icons off of my phone and starting from scratch.
    02-03-09 11:10 PM
    Now I'm thinking you had the Google application installed before and now you have both the Google application running along with having the Google mail coming trough your BIS plan. It really comes down to which you want to use. Since you are paying for a BIS plan and the Blackberry is designed to use mail that way, I would recommend you use this over the Google mail application. Some here may disagree with me but most probably won't.
    02-03-09 11:20 PM
    Yes I think I did have the gmail application installed at first. Now, I still have that red envelope icon plus another one that is an envelope with a globe on the bottom.

I was happy with the gmail application, the problem just came up when I took a picture and tried to email it to someone. I was unable to email the picture. If I could have just stayed with the gmail application and been able to email a picture via the same email, all would be happy in my world.

Either way I just want to have one email icon that tells me I have an email and be able to email a picture via that same email.
    Last edited by Vancitys3; 02-03-09 at 11:36 PM.
    02-03-09 11:32 PM
    I don't use the Gmail application so maybe someone else can help you out with that. If you use the mail setup through your BIS plan (the "new" on in your case) you will be able to easily use all those features like emailing pictures since they are all integrated with the Blackberry OS.
    02-03-09 11:37 PM
    Can the mail setup through BIS look similar to what the gmail application looked like? Or when you click on the icon will it only ever look like your sms and mms messages? The gmail application seemed to be organized better.

I'm sure there is a way to see the emails I sent via my computer on my 'new' BIS icon on my phone, right?

Hmm, yeah I think I'm confusing myself here lol
    02-03-09 11:56 PM
    The BIS push mail is going to look basically like what you see you can't really do much if anything to change that.

I'm sure someone is going to jump in and say there is a 3rd party application to change something in there. If one exists, I do not know about it or use it. The Blackberry device really is built around the mail feature and so I think it is more useful to use the Blackberry mail through your BIS. Besides, you are already paying for the plan so you might as well use it.
    02-04-09 12:04 AM
    What you are getting now is normal. When u send an email from your home computer it is not going to show up on you BB. Only new email received and any email sent directly from the device will show on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:42 AM
    i think i have a similar problem i just dont want to start a whole new thread. i just got my 8900 and i love its my first time owning a BB but there one thing the bugs me about it.

so i have 3 icons, one for each of my email accounts and another one for my messages. but every time i get and email i receive it the email icon and on the messages icon. is there any way that i can just receive my text just in the messages icon and the emails in there individual icon?

thnx in advance
    02-04-09 02:52 AM
    i think i have a similar problem i just dont want to start a whole new thread. i just got my 8900 and i love its my first time owning a BB but there one thing the bugs me about it.

so i have 3 icons, one for each of my email accounts and another one for my messages. but every time i get and email i receive it the email icon and on the messages icon. is there any way that i can just receive my text just in the messages icon and the emails in there individual icon?

thnx in advance
    That messages application pretty much organizes all of your messages in one location. It is pretty handy. Since instead you want to separate those messages out, here is what you can do:

Messages Application > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate

You will now have a new icons for SMS and MMS. You may have to go into your Applications screen to see it. Press your menu button on the Messages folder and hide that icon. Make sure the "Show All" option is unchecked. At this point you will have a separate icon for each of your mail accounts and also one for your SMS and MMS messages. I believe this is what you are looking for. Enjoy!
    02-04-09 03:40 AM
    This whole email business has me frustrated! I liked the old gmail application because if I sent an email via my home computer it would also show on my cell phone. But with this new BIS email setup, it does not do that. I'd keep using the gmail application, but I cannot send pictures with it. Seems that I have to give up something to get the other.

As a side note, I do LOVE my Blackberry. I'm getting very addicted to this thing.
    02-04-09 02:16 PM
    That's just the nature of the beast. Have a look at this thread.
    Last edited by aristile; 02-04-09 at 03:53 PM.
    02-04-09 03:50 PM
    that sounds about what i need but

Messages Application > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate
    i cant find messages application under the 8900 anywhere? im extremely a nood with BB i would really appreciated if you can help me out. thnx
    02-04-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD