Hi guy's,

Just bought my first BB today, it's currently on T-mobile and I will be getting it unlocked to work on Orange UK, what I want to know and hope someone can tell me, is if i pay for an unlock code will that also reset the phone to the unbranded interface, i.e no longer have direct links to t-zones on the menu screen etc?

Looks like you guy's are helpful bunch of people from what I've already seen and look forward to being able to give some valuable input in return..

Cheers

Ed
    03-27-09 01:51 PM
    I unlocked my t-mo 8900 last week and i just checked for you and i still have a t-zones icon. I never use it, but it's there.
    03-27-09 01:54 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

If you unlock the phone that just allows it to be used with another carrier's SIM card but it does not un-brand the phone. Un-branding the phone is a different process altogether. As long as you upgrade your OS and then get the service books from your new carrier then you should no longer see the T-mobile stuff on the device. I highly suggest that you read through the 101 lectures before upgrading the OS. I have a link to them in my signature. Also, you can find the link at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu item at the top of every page.
    03-27-09 01:56 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply's guy's...

Is it not possible to have the device blank so to speak as if I had bought it directly from Blackberry, basically I hate branding of any outside company on the handset and want it as it would have come directly from the manufacturer.

Cheers
    03-27-09 02:17 PM
    I think the only thing that as of right now you can't get rid of is the actual t-mo logo on the back by the camera, but it's probably only a matter of time before someone figures that one out too.
    03-27-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply's guy's...

Is it not possible to have the device blank so to speak as if I had bought it directly from Blackberry, basically I hate branding of any outside company on the handset and want it as it would have come directly from the manufacturer.

Cheers
    Some companies do sell completely unbranded phones, like carphone warehouse.
    03-27-09 03:00 PM
    Yes I know, however they seem to fetch a premium on ebay and the like!

Refuse to sign into another 18 month contract!!
    03-27-09 06:29 PM
    You also can't (well with out much problems and taking risks) fix the splash screen that comes up on reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:05 PM
    I wouldn't pay for the unlock code. I believe its a law now in the US for the cell company's to give you the unlock code if you request it. I could be wrong, but its worth a try before you spend the money for one of the other services.
    03-27-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD