04-17-09 04:19 PM
29 12
tools
    While using this browser earlier I was prompted to download a new version. Is this legit...is there a new version of Bolt? Is it another beta?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 09:03 PM
    Its legit. The new version is .94. It is still beta but they improved a bunch of things. Major fix is the trackball scrolling is much better. Definitly worth the upgrade.

04-01-09 09:11 PM
    Its legit. The new version is .94. It is still beta but they improved a bunch of things. Major fix is the trackball scrolling is much better. Definitly worth the upgrade.

Thanks...I'm going to try it now

04-01-09 09:56 PM
    This is an awesome update...fully loading the Crackberry page (non-mobile) took less than 30 seconds...now that is blazing fast!

04-01-09 10:09 PM
    This is an awesome update...fully loading the Crackberry page (non-mobile) took less than 30 seconds...now that is blazing fast!

I agree. Its a great update. The bb browser can't compete with the speed of bolt.

04-01-09 10:20 PM
    Is the Bolt browser really worth the download? Aside from speed, has anyone REALLY found it to be more useful than the bb browser?

04-02-09 01:23 AM
    Is the Bolt browser really worth the download? Aside from speed, has anyone REALLY found it to be more useful than the bb browser?

DEFINITELY! It's an amazing browser. Once you use it, you'll see. And now that the scrolling speed is fixed, it's even better. I don't know about others, but my school's website wouldn't let me log in on the default browser, but on Bolt, it would just fine. This was a selling point for me. Along with the speed of course!
    04-02-09 04:35 AM
    I think I like it more than OperaMini now.
    04-02-09 06:48 AM
    I just wish it would browse to http servers that use a non-standard port. That would be what makes me choose it over the BB browser as I have many webservers setup that use ports other than 80 that I have to specify
    04-02-09 08:20 AM
    The Bolt is okay, but I don't like how you can't go back to the start page thru the menu or a shortcut key (unless I'm missing something). I also found that you have to close it in order to switch applications...unlike OM, which allows you to do both. It's like the Bolt browser doesn't recognize the way our BB's work with other apps. Other than that, it's a good, fast, and has come a long way since it was first introduced. I'm hoping the developers of Skyfire will eventually look towards BB's.
    04-02-09 08:39 AM
    The Bolt is okay, but I don't like how you can't go back to the start page thru the menu or a shortcut key (unless I'm missing something). I also found that you have to close it in order to switch applications...unlike OM, which allows you to do both. It's like the Bolt browser doesn't recognize the way our BB's work with other apps. Other than that, it's a good, fast, and has come a long way since it was first introduced. I'm hoping the developers of Skyfire will eventually look towards BB's.
    Just hit the End key - it will take you to the Home Screen, you can't use the Application Switches yet, but like I said as long as you use the end key it will be running in the background - I have been doing that for a while now - it never exited completely for me.
    04-02-09 09:11 AM

This new beta has greatly improved Bolt. Scrolling and fonts are much better. Personally, I don't find it more useful than the BB browser. Yes, it is faster. However, using wifi the speed difference isn't that great.

And............ until BOLT supports column view, I won't make the switch.
    04-02-09 09:27 AM
    Does anyone know how Bolt handles sites like YouTube or similar?
    04-02-09 09:29 AM
    i personally love it...much quicker than bb browser and now its actually functional considering the improved scrolling
    04-02-09 09:29 AM
    Just hit the End key - it will take you to the Home Screen, you can't use the Application Switches yet, but like I said as long as you use the end key it will be running in the background - I have been doing that for a while now - it never exited completely for me.
    Yeah that works, but I still wish you could go to the browser's home start page without having to go backwards.
    04-02-09 09:45 AM
    .94 is the best Bolt yet. It's starting to change my mind about it.
    04-02-09 10:24 AM
    Hi,

When you are on some page and wish to go back to homepage, Please do any of the below step:

1. Back to homepage with favorite tab open, press key '0' (Zero). (Alt key combination is not required)
    2. Back to homepage with History tab open, press key '*' (Asterisk). (Alt key combination is not required)
    2. Back to homepage with Feeds tab open, press key '#' (Hash). (Alt key combination is not required)

For more keypad shortcuts, please read help file

Let me know if you have any other query
    Last edited by ssqaindia; 04-09-09 at 02:13 AM.
    04-09-09 02:08 AM
    Hi,

When you are on some page and wish to go back to homepage, Please do any of the below step:

1. Back to homepage with favorite tab open, press key '0' (Zero). (Alt key combination is not required)
    2. Back to homepage with History tab open, press key '*' (Asterisk). (Alt key combination is not required)
    2. Back to homepage with Feeds tab open, press key '#' (Hash). (Alt key combination is not required)

For more keypad shortcuts, please read help file

Let me know if you have any other query
    Last edited by ssqaindia; 04-09-09 at 02:12 AM.
    04-09-09 02:09 AM
    Bolt is a server based product that does a lot of its work on a big server back at Bolt HQ. It uses the BlackBerry simply as a display device.

Bolt is made by Bitstream who are one of the more respected names in the PC indutry. I like what the browser does but they have gort a long way to go before it will replace the Blackberry browser on my 8900.

I do not like the lack of navigation and the poor way that it handles YouTube (I treied it a number of times and it failed).

It is quite a bit better than OperaMini, imo.

If Bolt can find a way to render Flash on their servers and then stream somehow to the BlackBerry, they will have a winner here. However ths is no easy task.
    04-09-09 02:30 AM
    Where can I download Bolt from using the bb browser?
    04-09-09 11:41 AM
    How do you download the bolt browser to your phone. I have a curve 8330

04-14-09 12:44 AM
    Bolt is a server based product that does a lot of its work on a big server back at Bolt HQ. It uses the BlackBerry simply as a display device.

Bolt is made by Bitstream who are one of the more respected names in the PC indutry. I like what the browser does but they have gort a long way to go before it will replace the Blackberry browser on my 8900.

I do not like the lack of navigation and the poor way that it handles YouTube (I treied it a number of times and it failed).

It is quite a bit better than OperaMini, imo.

If Bolt can find a way to render Flash on their servers and then stream somehow to the BlackBerry, they will have a winner here. However ths is no easy task.
    Co-signed.

A big let down is the way it handles the cursor, it makes you feel like you are using a D-pad.
    04-14-09 11:23 AM
    I use Bolt and I love it. New update fixed the scrolling issue as well.

Only complaint is the back button. We have to wait for it to load everytime we load it completely.
    04-14-09 02:27 PM
    Has anyone tried running the new Bolt Browser on their 8900 running 5.0.0.90?

For some reason it wouldn't allow me to download any of the signed versions, but allowed me to download the unsigned version. Then when I installed it and ran it, It says Error: Internet not available. Check network services.

I have a Wi-Fi connection in my house so idk why it would say that.

Any suggestions?
    04-14-09 04:45 PM
    I have ver 0.94 and its amazing dealing with large websites.

I do have one issure though, sometimes the curser only moves left/right but not up/down on the page but when I open the menu it goes up/down fine so it aint a trackball problem.

anybody else get this?
    Last edited by CuRvEyCuRvE8900; 04-14-09 at 05:40 PM. Reason: sp*
    04-14-09 05:33 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD