I looked in the manual and searched the threads, but I can't figure out what they are. One is 3 diagonal boxes 2 green ones on the outside and a empty one in the middle. Next to that is another icon with an unlocked padlock. I've had my 8900 for about 3 months now and these icons were never there before. Didn't do anything different, just appeared one day. Been running .199 for about a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 03:10 PM
    Any chance you can use CaptureIt to post a screen shot???
    07-07-09 03:15 PM
    That's strange, if you could take a screen shot would be handy, can you hide them. Go over them>BB Button>Hide...?
    07-07-09 03:29 PM
    The green with 2 black boxes is your data connection. When you have full data capability, the 2 smaller boxes will fade to indicate degraded signal. If data is shut off, the center box changes.

The open lock indicates you do not have your security protection activated. Access is open.

07-07-09 04:00 PM
    Is this similar to what your question pertains to?

07-07-09 04:06 PM
    Is this similar to what your question pertains to?
    Ummmm....I can't figure out why you posted a pic of this thread...

07-07-09 04:30 PM

The screenshot is for the described icons, or did you read what the OP is trying to get help with?

07-07-09 04:33 PM
    07-07-09 04:56 PM

Or you can go into the Go Advanced and under Additional Options use the Attach Files to post an image... people browsing from their BB can't see those images, but if you use a PC browser you can.
    07-07-09 05:00 PM
    I described the icons very thoroughly. The ones posted are exactly what i'm talking about. Thank You. I was looking for a very experienced BB user to answer, as the icons are not in the manual so the average user (like me) probably wouldn't know what they were if you saw them or not. I don't understand however why they were never there before in the first place and what the green indicates in each different box (my two outter boxes are green). My wifi connection is secure that i'm using in my apt, why is my phone telling me it's not? Or am i not understanding something correctly.
    07-07-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD