Hi all,

First time poster.

Today after plugging in my 8900 to my computer, Desktop Manager told me that there was a series of upgrades for my phone.

I created a back up and then proceeded to upgrade.

After the upgrade, it brought my firmware to 4.6.1.250 (from 4.6.1.231).
    I noticed my calendar entries were not showing on my homescreen as it changed my dafault calendar setting around. Even after re-assigning the default calendar, that still did not work.

So, restored the backup I created before doing the upgrade. That resolved everything.

My question: Will restoring a backup created in an older firmware cause problems to the environment under the new firmware?

Thanks in advance

Alex
    06-15-09 04:33 PM
    Simple answer: NO!!!
    06-15-09 04:40 PM
    That's the best thing about DM and restoring back-ups. It will restore your settings and databases but not affect your OS. The only limitation I've seen is ring profiles need to be reset if one upgrades to one of the 5.0x OS's

Welcome to crackberry alex,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 04:47 PM
    I forgot to mention that one can selectively restore databases and settings with the advanced function in Backup/Restore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 04:49 PM
    Dear All,

Could you please tell me how I can upgrade my blackberry from 4.6.1.199 to 5.0.0.100? I have tried repeatedly using DM 4.7 but i get a fatal error.

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance!

Cheers!
    06-18-09 07:31 AM
    Dear All,

Could you please tell me how I can upgrade my blackberry from 4.6.1.199 to 5.0.0.100? I have tried repeatedly using DM 4.7 but i get a fatal error.

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance!

Cheers!
    1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It may take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

If you don't like these directions then check out the upgrade/downgrade procedures link in my signature below.
    06-18-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD