Hi All,

this is my first post to the crackberry forums...I recently migrated from an iPhone to an unlocked T-Mobile 8900 that I'm using on Rogers. The first day that I was using my new berry, it was great - the device was responsive, and using it was an absolute pleasure. I then upgraded the firmware to .250, which was successful. First time when the phone rebooted following the upgrade, it was very slow. I did a battery pull, and after half an hour (ish) the phone started to work up to speed again. However, when I had to reboot the phone to uninstall Pandora (I could not get it to work up here in Canada), it became unbearably slow again. I then downgraded the firmware to .239, as I had heard that it was a decent and stable firmware. No dice - the device was still slow. Even more discouraged, I downgraded the firmware back to a stock .114 from T Mobile...and it's still slow. I've wiped the device from scratch and not restored from previous backups each time.

Does anyone have any advice on how to speed it up? I've also followed the instructions to clear memory, but all have little effect. Quite disappointed with my new BlackBerry at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-16-09 05:36 AM
    Are closing apps you are done with via the BB (menu) button. Having many apps running in the background can really slow your device down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:39 AM
    Do you have a memory card in your device with media on it? When an OS is just installed, the device has to index the card to find everything that is on there so you can use it. This is possibly what you are experiencing.
    07-16-09 11:45 AM
    Agree with aristile....
    07-16-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD