I just got my 8900 about 4 hours ago and I love it. I'm still somewhat lost to using this phone but I wish I would have figured out about this phone earlier! Lol. I haven't been experiencing the wobbly keyboard, wobbly back piece or the weird lighting on the keyboard. BUT I am noticing the slowness of the phone when I start to run more apps at once.

Upgrade OS?
    Last edited by soFRESH Jay; 03-06-09 at 10:21 PM.
    03-06-09 10:18 PM
    I just got my 8900 about 4 hours ago and I love it. I'm still somewhat lost to using this phone but I wish I would have figured out about this phone earlier! Lol. I haven't been experiencing the wobbly keyboard, wobbly back piece or the weird lighting on the keyboard. BUT I am noticing the slowness of the phone when I start to run more apps at once.

Upgrade OS?
    Well I think it is always a good idea to upgrade the OS. I don't usually have TOO many things open at once but I haven't really seen a slow down myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 10:32 PM
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

Try a battery pull, OS upgrade may also help. Also read through the 101 lectures, they are great. I have a link to them in my signature.
    03-06-09 10:32 PM
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

Try a battery pull, OS upgrade may also help. Also read through the 101 lectures, they are great. I have a link to them in my signature.
    Yeah I did read through them a couple of days ago (the ones that I needed to read through, at least). But I'm having trouble using my wireless router as my internet connection. My blackberry recognized it and everything but idk how to use it.
    03-06-09 10:35 PM
    Yea I went and saw a live demo at T-Mo, and I was quite impressed with that device. I'm not one to switch carriers for a phone, but this one made me seriously consider!!!
    03-06-09 10:43 PM
    Hi folks, still waiting to get my 8900, i am a severe but addicted noob. my question is, if the phone is new, why upgrade the OS? aren't they current when you buy them? I am waiting for the AT&T 8900, will I have to do that also, immediately upgrade the OS?? this stuff is so confusing, but i can't wait!!
    03-06-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah I did read through them a couple of days ago (the ones that I needed to read through, at least). But I'm having trouble using my wireless router as my internet connection. My blackberry recognized it and everything but idk how to use it.
    Check out the link to the WiFi guide in my signature.
    03-06-09 10:53 PM
    I did and I can't turn on my Wi-Fi under Services Status.
    03-06-09 11:00 PM
    I did and I can't turn on my Wi-Fi under Services Status.
    what you gotta try to do is add the wireless router name and WEP or WPA password via MANUAL SET UP... sometimes the auto thing keeps asking to put this PIN to your wireless router but its a hassle....
    03-07-09 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD