Dear all,

need advice concerning my javelin,

most of the time, when i press the phone button (that green phone button) to activate the phone application, i got this error message:

Uncaught exception:
    net.rim.device.api.system.ObjectGroupReadOnlyExcep tion

under that message, there is a OK box, and when i press the OK, the same message appear, and i can't do anything, even to switch applications, and i had to pull the battery

others application work ok, just that phone error

i already upgrade the OS several times with several different version, currently i am using 4.6.1.206 (platform 4.2.0.102)

Is it a hardware problem or a software problem?
    anybody has the same problem like me?
    any advice to solve the problem?
    06-13-09 11:39 PM
    Sounds like a software problem to me. Since the battery pull didn't handle it-try upgrading or downgrading your OS version. If it doesn't work with a new version and you get the same error I would then look into the hardware side if you know the new version of the OS installed is solid.
    06-13-09 11:43 PM
    any advice for the solid os version?
    06-14-09 01:10 AM
    .206 is very solid, I think he means you have a good stable os installation performed. I would use crackmem and wipe the device. You have a corrupt app or module.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 05:10 AM
    yeha i would take out the JL_Cmder and do the following

1. Wipe device
    2. reset the factory
    3. reload newest OS from scratch
    4. once reloaded OS, DO NOT add any apps or your backed up info
    5. try making a call and see if you get the error
    6. app your 3rd party apps
    7. make a call (if all goes well, continue on)
    8. reload backed up data (make a call, if all goes well continue on)

highly suggest making a call after every single step to help narrow down what could have caused this... and to make sure it wont happen any more
    06-14-09 09:34 AM
    Good plan. Not sure if user has jl level balls tho.

06-14-09 09:47 AM
    I really liked .206... and .250 has been a very solid OS over the last couple weeks... no issues, and everything works, plus it is the latest official OS.
    06-14-09 11:17 AM
    ok, will try scheuer advice, but need to googling first on how to do it, frankly i'm at novice level, so basically don't have any idea how to do it, and what's the risk

is it risky? what is the worst scenario if i failed to do those steps? would my device go "dead"?

lazerus: i don't quite understand what's your statement means: "has jl level balls" ...
    06-14-09 01:10 PM
    Check out the Blackberry 101 lesson, the main link is below the "Blackberry Help" menu at the top of every forum page. Otherwise just follow the diections on the first post.

06-14-09 01:53 PM
    If you follow all steps to the letter on how to use JL_Cmder and how to reload an OS and everything else nothing can do wrong... You cannot "brick" a blackberry. No matter what there is always a way to get an OS on. My steps will take time and patiences.

06-14-09 06:36 PM
    I beg to differ - there definitely are ways to completely render the device useless.

06-14-09 07:21 PM
    Yah only if you get into the engineering screen... Not by using JL_cmder and wiping the device

06-14-09 07:22 PM
    yeha i would take out the JL_Cmder and do the following

1. Wipe device
    2. reset the factory
    3. reload newest OS from scratch
    4. once reloaded OS, DO NOT add any apps or your backed up info
    5. try making a call and see if you get the error
    6. app your 3rd party apps
    7. make a call (if all goes well, continue on)
    8. reload backed up data (make a call, if all goes well continue on)

highly suggest making a call after every single step to help narrow down what could have caused this... and to make sure it wont happen any more
    already did some research on how to wipe and reload new os
    but between step 4 and 5, do i have to send service book, or just tried it without any BIS??
    06-15-09 11:51 AM
    just try making a call... dont worry about resending service books or anything like that until the very last
    06-15-09 08:04 PM
    ok, done with wipe, resetfactory, and load OS .206 (took 30 minutes for those steps)

haven't restore backup nor sync with DM

will try for one day with this clean device, and so on ...
    will posted the result in a few days

but anyway, i really appreciate for this forum and you guys for the advice .... thank you ....
    06-15-09 10:49 PM
    Yah only if you get into the engineering screen... Not by using JL_cmder and wiping the device

I think you would be surprised ...
    06-15-09 11:58 PM
    it's been several days after the procedure
    already restoring all data and apps

it's been perfect, no error, except for one occasion, the error message return

is it okay? i mean, i could live with one error for a whole busy week, compared to most of the time error ...

or maybe have any suggestion?
    06-20-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD