Whenever I place or receive any call, this strange symbol appears in the upper right hand corner of the call screen. It isn't affected by who I call or when I place the call and it doesn't matter which network I use. However, it does disappear if I turn on the speaker.

|
    v The symbol in question.
    11-19-09 01:12 AM
    *sigh*, this comes up everyday so please search. enhanced call audio. boosts the treble/bass of phone calls. push "L" to activate/deactivate it.
    11-19-09 01:16 AM
    That's the "enhanced audio" symbol. You can toggle it on or off during the call by pressing the "L" key. You can also toggle it off by going in the menu during the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:17 AM
    *sigh*, this comes up everyday so please search. enhanced call audio. boosts the treble/bass of phone calls. push "L" to activate/deactivate it.
    You can toss as many computer sighs at me as you want, but I couldn't find this even after I attempted to search for it. Was I supposed to put "enhanced call audio" into the search field? Hey, that's not a bad idea. If only I had known what I was searching for, then I could have just not made this thread or even had to have searched for it in the first place. This may come as a surprise to you, but when I put "unexplained symbol that shows up when i make calls" in the search field, nothing came up.
    11-19-09 01:25 AM
    You can toss as many computer sighs at me as you want, but I couldn't find this even after I attempted to search for it. Was I supposed to put "enhanced call audio" into the search field? Hey, that's not a bad idea. If only I had known what I was searching for, then I could have just not made this thread or even had to have searched for it in the first place. This may come as a surprise to you, but when I put "unexplained symbol that shows up when i make calls" in the search field, nothing came up.
    Ok, smart a$$ ... I'll show you how "difficult" this is to find. Put the following into Google and check out the first result:

strange icon 8900 site:forums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:33 AM
    Ok, smart a$$ ... I'll show you how "difficult" this is to find. Put the following into Google and check out the first result:

strange icon 8900 site:forums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, that makes sense. I, like, shouldn't even come to this website. I should just use google for everything. I mean, if the search function on this site fails me, I should totally go to another site to perform what is essentially the same function. You see, to me, that isn't an icon. And, honestly, it's not that strange. So, it's not really my fault that I didn't know what to call this, since I had absolutely no idea what it was. Sure, if I knew more about what this was, I could have easily found the existing threads. But, if I knew more about it, I wouldn't have to.
    I find it interesting, though, that my question was answered successfully in less than a sentence by someone who didn't feel the need to complain about the question itself. The rest of you have not been helpful at all and, for some reason, I'm the one on trial here.
    11-19-09 01:38 AM
    Yeah, that makes sense. I, like, shouldn't even come to this website. I should just use google for everything. I mean, if the search function on this site fails me, I should totally go to another site to perform what is essentially the same function. You see, to me, that isn't an icon. And, honestly, it's not that strange. So, it's not really my fault that I didn't know what to call this, since I had absolutely no idea what it was. Sure, if I knew more about what this was, I could have easily found the existing threads. But, if I knew more about it, I wouldn't have to.
    I find it interesting, though, that my question was answered successfully in less than a sentence by someone who didn't feel the need to complain about the question itself. The rest of you have not been helpful at all and, for some reason, I'm the one on trial here.
    I was hoping you would lose the attitude and realize your searching skills were the problem but clearly you are not done taking your medicine yet. Try putting the following into Google instead and see what happens (I simplified it for people that would not know exactly what to search for ):

symbol call 8900 site:forums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:42 AM
    I was hoping you would lose the attitude and realize your searching skills were the problem but clearly you are not done taking your medicine yet. Try putting the following into Google instead and see what happens (I simplified it for people that would not know exactly what to search for ):

symbol call 8900 site:forums.crackberry.com
    I don't know what you're trying to prove. I'm sure there are more posts on this forum where people are telling other people to search thoroughly before making a thread than there are people asking the same question as me.
    Here, try this one.

search before you post site:forums.crackberry.com

Wow, it looks like your posts are 40 times more redundant than mine.
    11-19-09 02:02 AM
    I don't know what you're trying to prove. I'm sure there are more posts on this forum where people are telling other people to search thoroughly before making a thread than there are people asking the same question as me.
    Here, try this one.

search before you post site:forums.crackberry.com

Wow, it looks like your posts are 40 times more redundant than mine.
    I'm not sure what exactly YOU were trying to prove ... but you proved my point exactly. So, thanks!
    11-19-09 02:06 AM
    Chumkid won
    11-19-09 02:11 AM
    I'm not sure what exactly YOU were trying to prove ... but you proved my point exactly. So, thanks!
    Your point was obvious and easy to prove. Mine actually indicts the person who committed the real sin in this situation. Simply failing to use a search function correctly is not as bad as being haughty, self-righteous and rude. Those transgressions are for more severe. My post count may not be as high as yours and I may not have a self-indulgent avatar like you, but that doesn't mean you can condescend to me.
    11-19-09 02:16 AM
    Hit the nail on the head with this one:

And for this:

My post count may not be as high as yours and I may not have a self-indulgent avatar like you, but that doesn't mean you can condescend to me.
    It's never stopped him in the past and not likely too in the future. Don't take it personally he does it to everyone... No excuse I know, but... ;-)

11-19-09 02:23 AM
    Your point was obvious and easy to prove. Mine actually indicts the person who committed the real sin in this situation. Simply failing to use a search function correctly is not as bad as being haughty, self-righteous and rude. Those transgressions are for more severe. My post count may not be as high as yours and I may not have a self-indulgent avatar like you, but that doesn't mean you can condescend to me.
    Hit the nail on the head with this one:

And for this:

It's never stopped him in the past and not likely too in the future. Don't take it personally he does it to everyone... No excuse I know, but... ;-)

Yea, sure guys but the bottom line is that I help FAR MORE people than I tell to search so you take the good with the bad. Does it give me a license to tell people to search? Maybe not but in this case no search was even necessary. The same question was asked just yesterday and all the OP had to do was read through the first few pages of threads and he would have found the answer he was looking for instead of being lazy and asking first. This really is a great place and people like me spend our time helping people for free. At the same time, it become less effective when others refuse to search (or just look) and instead choose to complain when someone mentions that they should try to search. I do realize some things are complicated to search for but the common things are very easy to find and sometimes (like this question) do not even require a search at all.
    11-19-09 02:28 AM
    We should put up a poll on this thread about who cares anymore
    11-19-09 02:37 AM
    Yea, sure guys but the bottom line is that I help FAR MORE people than I tell to search so you take the good with the bad. Does it give me a license to tell people to search? Maybe not but in this case no search was even necessary. The same question was asked just yesterday and all the OP had to do was read through the first few pages of threads and he would have found the answer he was looking for instead of being lazy and asking first. This really is a great place and people like me spend our time helping people for free. At the same time, it become less effective when others refuse to search (or just look) and instead choose to complain when someone mentions that they should try to search. I do realize some things are complicated to search for but the common things are very easy to find and sometimes (like this question) do not even require a search at all.
    Generally I agree with you, and I do know you help people etc and do know what you are talking about... However your attitude does come across somewhat abrupt occaisionally, and not everyone is as capable as others might be... :-)

11-19-09 02:51 AM
    Generally I agree with you, and I do know you help people etc and do know what you are talking about... However your attitude does come across somewhat abrupt occaisionally, and not everyone is as capable as others might be... :-)

I can't completely understand that. Let me tell you, there are many times I am in a hurry doing 10 or more things at once but still want to help out, so I do. Other times I am being sarcastic because that is my nature. Overall, people here need to have a thicker skin instead of being so easily offended. I'm not saying I ask to be thanked for helping but I can tell you I notice how many people do not thank for the help they get. There are plenty of times that I am not in a hurry and not sarcastic and yet people still do not thank you for the help you provide. Just remember, there's 2 sides to everything and while I (and other like me) might not take the time to explain our side - believe me, many would agree with what I am saying here.
    11-19-09 02:56 AM
    I can't completely understand that. Let me tell you, there are many times I am in a hurry doing 10 or more things at once but still want to help out, so I do. Other times I am being sarcastic because that is my nature. Overall, people here need to have a thicker skin instead of being so easily offended. I'm not saying I ask to be thanked for helping but I can tell you I notice how many people do not thank for the help they get. There are plenty of times that I am not in a hurry and not sarcastic and yet people still do not thank you for the help you provide. Just remember, there's 2 sides to everything and while I (and other like me) might not take the time to explain our side - believe me, many would agree with what I am saying here.
    Oh you don't offend me at all. My skins as thick as a rhino :-) and I'd rather you gave the help, however it comes out, personally...
    Was just suggesting to the OP he doen't take it too personally.
    And agreeing the thread could have ended at the point it was answered, now it's constantly at the top of the new posts with our little convo...?

11-19-09 03:09 AM
    Whenever I place or receive any call, this strange symbol appears in the upper right hand corner of the call screen. It isn't affected by who I call or when I place the call and it doesn't matter which network I use. However, it does disappear if I turn on the speaker.

|
    v The symbol in question.
    i was wondering what that was

thanks Chumkid
    11-20-09 11:39 PM
    Question asked and answered. Enough
    11-21-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD