please help...i just updated my BB curve 8900 sofware to 5.0 and after the installing process my keypad lock is not working anymore...i can't find it anywhere on my BB!thanks
    04-14-10 02:41 PM
    hello,

OS 5.0 doesn't have the lock right key . . this key now puts your phone in standby ..

you Can set the lock period to be 1 minute in > options, password, security timeout

or try the following > Options, screen/keyboard, look for right side convenience key opens or left side convenience key opens and select Password Lock

hit the key you've selected and see if it does lock it

Hope I was helpful
    04-14-10 02:52 PM
    The lock works for me, the left button above the screen worked by default after the upgrade, on 4.6 it worked as lock, now it is lock+standby.
    04-14-10 03:18 PM
    yeah it does . . . but it doesn't ask you for the Lock Code afterwards to unlock unless you set the security timeout
    04-14-10 03:22 PM
    please help...i just updated my BB curve 8900 sofware to 5.0 and after the installing process my keypad lock is not working anymore...i can't find it anywhere on my BB!thanks
    The key on the top left (lock key) is now a standby key with the OS 5. This has covered in various other threads. We used to call it "Lock Key" since it was password lock in the past. Now, it is a "standby" key. To have password lock, you can assign the password lock to the side convenience keys (as indicated above) or select lock icon on the home page (if you already have a password enabled).
    04-14-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD