So ive had my 8900 for 2 weeks now, and i never had any problems until yesterday. I installed the amAze gps app and BB tetris about 3 days ago. Two days ago i went out of town and used the GPS for a total of 5 mins and then turned it off though the advanced options. I used my bluetooth to listen to music for about an hour max, then i plugged the phone up to a verizon car charger for a storm that a friend had. I was in an area where i didnt get service, so i turned my phone off to save battery life. On my way home from the trip i noticed my battery was down to only 2 bars, so i turned it off for about 2 hours, when i got into an area where i knew i had service, i turned it back on, i checked my voice mails, sent 3 text messages and used PIN for about 15 mins, then my battery completely died out to the point where my phone shut off.

I got home and put the phone on my charging dock overnight, thinking i just used up the battery life. Yesterday i went to work and only used PIN for a few messages throughout the day, after about 5 hours i was down to two bars again. I always have the GPS, WIFI and bluetooth turned OFF when i dont use it. I grabbed a new battery from a brand new phone (i work for tmobile) and charged it up full for the rest of the day. Today i went to work and after NO use at all, again after about 5 hours it was down to 2 bars again. I uninstalled the amAze gps app and recharged my phone til it was just about full, about 2 hours later it was down to 1 bar again. The phone also feels alot hotter than usual from the lower part on the back.

Does anyone know what may be wrong?? Anyone have any suggestions? Im running the stock OS that came on the phone. Im about to try to back up my phone and then wipe it and see if that helps. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    02-26-09 08:26 PM
    Upgrade OS? I had the stock one as well and had the battery drain fast. After new OS the battery last longer.
    02-26-09 08:28 PM
    I would try to upgrade the OS to .133 or to the Hybrid .152 with the .133 radio. I have BB Tetris on my phone and my battery life is fine. Give that a shot and see what happens. Remember to get backups before you wipe the device.
    02-26-09 08:30 PM
    I too am getting less than 12 hours out of my new Storm, even though I'm not a heavy user. I haven't added any new aps, and have no idea what the OS is or if it needs upgrading...
    02-26-09 08:30 PM
    did you fully close amAze? if you don't press the bb button and select exit, the gps will still be working causing your battery to die.
    02-26-09 09:31 PM
    So ive had my 8900 for 2 weeks now, and i never had any problems until yesterday. I installed the amAze gps app and BB tetris about 3 days ago. Two days ago i went out of town and used the GPS for a total of 5 mins and then turned it off though the advanced options.
    did you fully close amAze? if you don't press the bb button and select exit, the gps will still be working causing your battery to die.
    Benny, I didnt quote your entire post since there was no need for it. Jnew said it best. I dont know about "advanced options" to close an app but based on your post, you're not properly shutting down GPS and its probably running in the background all day long.

If your not hitting the menu button in an app and selecting close or exit, then it is still running. Check it out and let us know tomorrow how much battery life you're left with after shutting down an app properly.
    02-26-09 09:50 PM
    i deleted the app completely
    02-26-09 10:16 PM
    i did a wipe and restored my stuff, im gonna try this out and see how it works.

Is there any specific OS anyone thinks i should install?
    02-27-09 12:51 AM
    I highly recommend you install OS .133
    02-27-09 01:10 AM
    .133 is the most stable

.152 has some issues with radio, which is why people are running hybrids, but I would recommend .133
    02-27-09 01:11 AM
    i went ahead and upgraded to .133 just in case, it seemed like the wipe and restore i did last night had worked, but like i said i went ahead and installed .133 just to be sure, hopefully this fixes it. Thanks for all the help and advice folks!
    02-27-09 01:46 PM
    I've tested 114, 133, and 152.

152 with 133 radio is the way to go.

133 alone has battery drain issue still.
    02-27-09 02:01 PM
    Is it a software you have to install to upgrade the OS? I would like to know which doesn't drain the battery as well.
    03-02-09 09:51 PM
    Ya it had to be that gps app was draining your battery. I had a similar problem when I downloaded a data usage watcher app. I left it running while my phone was charging and the lower back got really hot.

U got to remember to turn off the app when ur not using it.

Hope I was some assistance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD