Hello,

So i picked up an 8900 today, the girl at rogers set everything up, including my email... which worked fine. Then I received a call as soon as I was leaving, which worked well, and then cut out after a minute.

Since then, it has either said 'invalid sim card' or else 'insert sim card' Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do?

p.s. I have taken the card out, the battery, made sure everything was clean, properly installed etc. I don't know what else to do

Thanks for the help!
    12-12-08 01:07 AM
    I saw that problem on my old Curve.. I had to get a new sim..
    12-12-08 01:11 AM
    Did you try a battery pull? If so did you remove and reinstall the sim card? If these options don't resolve I would take it back first thing in the morning.

Good Luck
    12-12-08 01:14 AM
    Yeah, tried the battery pull, called Rogers, they said to get a new phone from the store tomorrow... We will see what happens
    12-12-08 01:34 AM
    Good luck.. let us know how it goes.
    12-12-08 01:35 AM
    Man that truly blows! To get the javelin and have it bail on you the moment you exit the store!

I'm glad rogers will replace it for you. but still, the feeling of getting it and not having it work, and then having to wait another day must be damn irritating...
    12-12-08 10:43 AM
    I went to rogers and they gave me a whole new phone... defective model I guess. Now if I could just figure this phone out.... its complicated
    12-13-08 01:08 AM
    Sucks to read this. There's bound to be a few lemons out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 01:22 AM
    That does suck to hear that. I got mine yesterday and I have had no problems with it at all. I guess you are always bound to have a few bad ones. Definitely a lot of features to figure out - I am still just cracking the surface.
    12-13-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD