Ok I left a post monday about how my brand new 8900 would freeze when I would lock it or let it sit till and it went to idle. I would have to do a battery pull to get it to work only for it to lock up again...Well I called cust svc they sent me a new one only to find out a sim pin in the sim card slot was missing. Soo i pick up the first one lastnight that was sent to me monday and put my sim in and it works...No lockin up or freezing, only to find out I didnt have my memory card in. As soon as I put it in the lockin up started again. But when I take it out the phone runs smooth whats the deal with that...
    04-17-09 09:47 AM
    Format your memory card

You will loose all the data on it

Blackberry button
    Options
    Memory
    Blackberry Button
    Format.....
    04-17-09 09:55 AM
    Format your memory card

You will loose all the data on it

Blackberry button
    Options
    Memory
    Blackberry Button
    Format.....
    Ok thanks will do, u think that will fix the issue. I hope so
    04-17-09 09:59 AM
    You can back up the data on you memory card.... but something on the card might be causing the issue... I would just start from scratch....

Pretty sure that will clear it up
    04-17-09 10:00 AM
    Then it sounds like your card is corrupted or defective.
    04-17-09 10:01 AM
    You can back up the data on you memory card.... but something on the card might be causing the issue... I would just start from scratch....

Pretty sure that will clear it up

Yea I'm going to on my lunch break and see if that will work....
    04-17-09 10:16 AM
    Then it sounds like your card is corrupted or defective.

Mmm its a new 8gig card i had from when i had my storm...All i have on it was ringtons and some pics...But i'm going to clear it
    04-17-09 10:17 AM
    it could still be bad..... i would only worry if the format doesn't fix it....when you put it in your berry does it cause issue right away or will you have time to get thru the menus and format it before it craps out?
    04-17-09 10:20 AM
    Mmm its a new 8gig card i had from when i had my storm...All i have on it was ringtons and some pics...But i'm going to clear it
    That might be your problem. When you had that card in your Storm, the device creates a hidden file 'auto.inf' which will be present on your Curve as well. But your Curve is reading info from a card formatted from your Storm. Try a complete format using the Curve itself. Just select 'format card' from the menu once in the memory option. That should clear it up.
    04-17-09 10:24 AM
    it could still be bad..... i would only worry if the format doesn't fix it....when you put it in your berry does it cause issue right away or will you have time to get thru the menus and format it before it craps out?
    Yea i should have time...It works for a few if i lock it or let it go in idle thats when it goes downhill
    04-17-09 10:26 AM
    OK...let us know if it works!!!

04-17-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD