This might be a noob question but I just bought a 16gb memory card that should be arriving today.My question iis....is the 256mb memory the phone came with on a memory card or onboard?If its on a card won't I lose all my data I downloaded when I replace it with the new card?.If this is the case how do I back everything up and put it on the new card

Thanks to all that help....hopin int data will just stay but I'm assuming ill havee to transfer data from old to new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 10:50 AM
    The 256 is on board. You will not lose anything saved to it.

03-06-09 10:54 AM
    256 mb is on a card but none of your data like apps will be lost because thats installed on your phone. media and pictures will be removed though.
    03-06-09 11:26 AM
    2 things here. One, yes there is 256k on board. It is for apps and generally running the phone. There is also a 256 card that ships in the 8900. That is for media. Anything you have downloaded on that card can be saved to your computer. Then you can pull the 256k card out, put in your 16 gig and reload the media files. Easiest way is you use a USB MicroSD sleeve to adapter to put the card directly in your PC. Much faster than the USB cable.
    HTH
    03-06-09 11:28 AM
    The 256 is on board. You will not lose anything saved to it.

U sure?I just opened the phone and there is a 256mb Sandisk in there.Wouldn't I have to take that out to put the 16gb in or is there a second slot I'm not seeing?

03-06-09 11:29 AM
    2 things here. One, yes there is 256k on board. It is for apps and generally running the phone. There is also a 256 card that ships in the 8900. That is for media. Anything you have downloaded on that card can be saved to your computer. Then you can pull the 256k card out, put in your 16 gig and reload the media files. Easiest way is you use a USB MicroSD sleeve to adapter to put the card directly in your PC. Much faster than the USB cable.
    HTH
    That's what I figured....thanks

03-06-09 11:34 AM
    YW! That's what we're all here for!
    03-06-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD