Hi
    My BB 8900 is just about a week old. I had transferred a couple of videos and a few pics from my laptop on to the blackberry - and everything seemed fine for about a week. I was able to access both the videos & the pictures.

Now, for some strange reason, I'm getting the following error for my media card (and this is every time I plug out my BB from the USB connection to the laptop).

Following is the error -->

" ..A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk erro checking utility on a computer .. "

Now I can't access the videos and the pics on my phone. They dont seem to exist. The folders are all empty. But strangely, when I hook up my phone via USB to my laptop, I can still see the video & pic files in the Blackberry folder.

Q1 - What seems to be the problem? Is my media card corrupted ? If so, is this possible? since my unit is only about a week old.

Q2 - What is the appropriate way to plug/ unplug the USB from the Blackberry? I usually just plug it out . has this caused any problems, by any chance ?

Regards
    Milind
    02-16-10 03:19 PM
    Media cards can get corrupt and the age of your Blackberry has nothing to do with if a media card goes bad. You can fix it exactly like it tells you by using the Error-Checking utilty: Open Explorer, plug in your Blackberry, right click the drive letter, select Properties, click on the Tools tab, find the Error-Checking box and click on Check Now button, click on both check boxes, then click the Start button.
    02-16-10 03:26 PM
    To avoid future problems copy your pix to your laptop and reformat the SD Card. Reload pix to berry and yer good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 04:16 PM
    thanks buddy.

i just tried your steps. the error message seems to have gone but i still cant get my pics and videos back; although when i plug my 8900 via usb to my laptop i can SEE them in the drive.. but i still cant see them on the phone.

should i delete my media card (from the laptop drive) and then re-transfer the files?

also do u know what causes these errors and what can be done in future to prevent them ?
    02-16-10 04:17 PM
    The error could be any number of reasons... when you inserted the Media card did you format the card using your Blackberry??? Formating your media card using your Blackberry should be step 1 (Options > Memory > Menu > Format)... then you can transfer files to it... this however still does not mean you might not have an error with that card.

I've had my card for a year... no issues... but all my files are backed up on another hard drive.
    02-16-10 04:48 PM
    I had the same problem on the factory card after 6 mos. Just died out of no where.
    02-16-10 05:58 PM
    thanks buddy.

i just tried your steps. the error message seems to have gone but i still cant get my pics and videos back; although when i plug my 8900 via usb to my laptop i can SEE them in the drive.. but i still cant see them on the phone.

should i delete my media card (from the laptop drive) and then re-transfer the files?

also do u know what causes these errors and what can be done in future to prevent them ?
    In my experience, the data card gets corrupted after transferring pix to or from it. And yes, as another poster said, always good to back up your pictures. Ok, again...transfer all berry pictures to a file on your computer hard drive. Disconnect the BB and format the SD Card. All files, good and bad are gone...nothing there but zeros...then move (drag & drop) your pictures from your computer back to the slick BB data card. Try one or two and check. If nothing shows on the card after a reformat, it's a dud. Get your money back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 07:50 PM
    Note: After reformatting, it will delete everything that was on the SD card.
    02-17-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD