01-27-09 01:08 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    i hear what you guys are saying but honestly i think Att will wait there always behind on cool/good phones. Time will tell but honestly 8900 is not coming to att. It is also know that EDGE is already downgraded Google it. Yah they could release a outdated phone as "new" but then they would have alot of angry customers and give out a bunch of vouchers and discourage people from using a blackberry. 8900 will be even slower on there network. 3g is better faster and will soon be every were. Why would att who is trying to be the best carrier release and carry a sub par phone. There curves are dirt cheap 99$ people are going to be like why should i pay more for an 8900. Looks cooler that's about it. Get the Bold and stop messing around with outdated phones. Or wait for a 3g curve.
    01-27-09 12:07 PM
    i hear what you guys are saying but honestly i think Att will wait there always behind on cool/good phones. Time will tell but honestly 8900 is not coming to att. It is also know that EDGE is already downgraded Google it. Yah they could release a outdated phone as "new" but then they would have alot of angry customers and give out a bunch of vouchers and discourage people from using a blackberry. 8900 will be even slower on there network. 3g is better faster and will soon be every were. Why would att who is trying to be the best carrier release and carry a sub par phone. There curves are dirt cheap 99$ people are going to be like why should i pay more for an 8900. Looks cooler that's about it. Get the Bold and stop messing around with outdated phones. Or wait for a 3g curve.
    I'm with you that AT&T may not get the 8900, only time will tell. But I think that is silly to think customers would not choose the 8900 over the 83xx. If you have both devices available to test drive then you will be hard pressed to not want the 8900 over the 83xx. Price would definitely have to be the reason to not pick the 8900.
    01-27-09 12:13 PM
    Apparently ATT is pushing hard for the 3G curve to be produced by RIM, and they will have an exclusive on it. ATT also apparently hasn't asked for any more shipments of the 8900. Maybe it was scrapped?

I don't think ATT cares enough about the 8900 to release it so soon
    01-27-09 01:06 PM
    the pictures posted in the beginning of the thread look suspect. the camera is the old camera type not the new, sweet look from the bold and curve
    01-27-09 01:08 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD