I am using an 8900 that I purchsed on eBay. This phone is unlocked and I am using it on AT&T. It was originally sold in Germany if that matters. Now, to my point. All of the original icons only display in black and white. Anything that I have added, like Opera, displays in color. I have opgraded OS twice and am now using .206 and still there is no color. The icons are boring enough but it would be nice if it would take advantage of even a part of the ability of this screen. If I am missing some setting that would turn the color on I would appreciate any guidance.
    04-15-09 05:05 PM
    TRY THIS:

settings > advanced options > accessibility

see what the color contrast is set at
    04-15-09 05:06 PM
    you can always switch themes.

Options > Themes.

If you need new ones, try here. 8900 Themes
    04-15-09 05:07 PM
    Did you change to another theme? Maybe im not understanding the problem you have. Can you post a screenshot?
    04-15-09 05:07 PM
    change the theme from Silver to Zen

Go to Options>Themes>Precision Zen
    04-15-09 05:10 PM
    you can always switch themes.

Options > Themes.

If you need new ones, try here. 8900 Themes
    You hit the problem. I had never reset the theme but the person who unlocked it must have. I returned to T-mobile default theme and everything looks better.(still boring but better). Thanks for the help
    04-15-09 05:23 PM
    You hit the problem. I had never reset the theme but the person who unlocked it must have. I returned to T-mobile default theme and everything looks better.(still boring but better). Thanks for the help
    Go to the themes forums on your blackberry for new ones. There are plenty of free ones. ONLY pay for one you REALLY REALLY like. Even then, it is my opinion that us free theme makers address problems much faster then the people who sell them. My Opinion.

just FYI, you need to go to m.crackberry.com from your BB as most of the themes are only able to be downloaded via OTA. (OTA = Over the Air, as in direct link to download and install ONLY on the BB) After you click on the forums link, you MUST sign in or you will be taken to the full site.
    04-15-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD