I just got the 8900 Rodgers unlocked phone and It's still branded with Rodger screens etc.. Is there a way I can get this out completely and then re lock the phone for T-mobile so It has all of the T-mobile branding?

I downloaded the handheld software from tmobile and at first it said nothing was available until I deleted that vendor xml file. Then the OS upgraded to the one I got from T mobile but it's still branded as rodgers. Is there anyway to have this thing wipe out the rodgers stuff completely and have it work just as if it was a normal locked t-mobile phone?
    01-26-09 05:22 PM
    No.

Every vendor has the phone like hardcoded with its brand.
    01-26-09 05:25 PM
    The Rogers splash screen as well as the UMA settings are part of the firmware on the device and can not be changed. You will probably not have the ability to use UMA on that device on the T-mobile network.
    01-26-09 05:32 PM
    The Rogers splash screen as well as the UMA settings are part of the firmware on the device and can not be changed. You will probably not have the ability to use UMA on that device on the T-mobile network.
    Really? so no UMA? hmm I'm sure there will be a work around or hack that will fix it.. I guess it's just a matter of when
    01-26-09 08:21 PM
    Really? so no UMA? hmm I'm sure there will be a work around or hack that will fix it.. I guess it's just a matter of when
    No UMA. There is not a work-around that I am aware of.
    Last edited by aristile; 01-26-09 at 08:44 PM.
    01-26-09 08:25 PM
    No UMA. There is a work-around that I am aware of.
    Would you be able to pass off the info for the work around? I just got this phone today and talk for free at work all day on UMA so it would suck if I couldnt get it working
    01-26-09 08:38 PM
    Would you be able to pass off the info for the work around? I just got this phone today and talk for free at work all day on UMA so it would suck if I couldnt get it working
    Sorry I left out the work not in my previous post, I have updated it.
    01-26-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD