My Curve randonsly started resetting itself today. It either fully resets, or just goes blank and will only come back on with a battery pull.

I read that sometimes the memory card needs reformating to solve the problem - can I put my photos back on afterwards, or are the photos the issue?

If this doesn't solve the issue, what else could be causing it?

I'm currently running OS 5.0.0.411

Thanks.
    04-04-10 09:53 AM
    A couple things to look at: 1. Most often it could be a 3rd party app that's causing this. Have you recently uploaded any apps? If so, try to delete them and re-install. I would also recommend doing a back-up of your phone very often...just to ensure that you can recover anything that may be lost. One last thing I would look at...was your phone doing this before you switched os? If not that could also be the problem...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 02:32 PM
    I've heard of 3rd party themes doing this, also. I've even had 3rd party apps crash my Curve before, but it's kinda rare.

You can transfer the media card files to a folder on your computer, reformat the card, and then transfer the files back to the media card.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 02:36 PM
    Orange are sending me out a replacement Curve - I'll receive it in the morning woohoo!
    04-07-10 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD