I've just upgraded my Pearl 8120 to a Curve 8900 with Orange UK and although it has a dirty great USB cable sticking out of the side while it charges (I'm at work currently), I'm impressed with my quick play so far (except for some reason the battery case seems a bit bouncy in the middle - but it was the same on my Pearl (is it something to be concerned about?)

Can anyone recommend any must-have apps that I should be putting on when it's charged and registered with the network?
    04-17-09 03:51 AM
    Don't know all the technical stuff but wanted to say congrats. Welcome to the addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 03:56 AM
    Pandora is awesome.

04-17-09 04:16 AM
    You should give Opera a try! Fast and reliable browser.

Go to mini.opera.com from your device and download it.
    04-17-09 04:41 AM
    How long did you charge your Curve for on its first charge? According to my knowledge, it has a Lithium-ion battery & hence has no memory system meaning the first charge doesn't need to be overnight.
    04-17-09 04:50 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry - I'm relatively new too however have spent a couple of weeks here on a rather steep learning curve (apologies for the pun!)

Accessory wise I’ve invested in a couple of items…

2 Charging docks – one for home (bedside mode is fantastic!) and one for work (purchased from THIS Amazon seller for next day delivery and at a reasonable price).

and

1 extra usb cable – to use with the aforementioned charging dock at work.

As this site is predominantly US based you’ll get people raving about Seidio cases and chargers. Unfortunately unless you’re prepared to pay a King’s ransom you’ll struggle to obtain them even on ebay (I’ve tried!)

As for Applications, I’ve currently got Viigo, BB Weather, mGoal and Twitterberry however am looking to download Pandora at some point.
    Last edited by steveqpr; 04-17-09 at 05:12 AM.
    04-17-09 05:05 AM
    Hi folks,

Wow, I've posted a few times on here now bt never received such an influx of replies that soon

Thanks for the welcome! I was addicted to my Pearl - but this device seems to be so much better.

On my Pearl, I had Twitterberry, Facebook, Google Apps (Mail and Maps) and a couple of other random ones towards the end I picked up for free from the App World.

@Somenextgeezer Orange recommended that I charge it for 12 hours, but the battery gauge was full after about 2.5-3.

Now I just need to copy my contacts over tonight - time to break out the Desktop Manager
    04-17-09 08:52 AM
    Good Choice... Lots of things to download... I have AutoStandby to help with battery life.
    04-17-09 09:01 AM
    Hmm - before I start to download apps I need to figure out why I don't have access to the Blackberry services over my Wi-Fi connection
    04-17-09 09:05 AM
    Give UberBerry a try for twitter! It is a great app.

04-17-09 09:12 AM
    Hmm - before I start to download apps I need to figure out why I don't have access to the Blackberry services over my Wi-Fi connection
    Here is the guide for setting up your WiFi. If your services are on, try registering your device and sending service books, then follow the guide to set up your WiFi.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/complete-wifi-how-47229/

Last edited by exelant; 04-17-09 at 09:21 AM.
    04-17-09 09:18 AM
    Try this link, lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

04-17-09 09:22 AM
    exelant: thanks for the link. went through it and did it as it said, but for some unknown it's failing when it's trying to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure...

Any ideas?
    04-17-09 11:07 AM
    Welcome to the 8900 family!
    04-17-09 11:44 AM
    Looks like itKs a problem with the router at work because at home I just set the wifi up at home without a problem! Ah well, now its time to download all those apps.

04-17-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD