I just got the phone and I'm really satisfied with it. Here are some questions I need help with. I don't have much time on the computer. (About 30 minutes a day) So if possible, whoever reads this can reply to the thread or send me a link on "how to do" whatever things I'm asking for. (Currently don't have internet on the phone)

1. Possible to unlock the phone? If so how?

2. Ringtones - Possible to create your own ringtones or do they need to be purchased? If it's possible, how do i do it? Does it involve any programs? Where do I get it?

3. Themes - I'm definitely into Themes. How do I customize/make themes? From size of the wallpaper to icons? Can anyone make a theme for me? Really simple.

4. Apps - Since I don't have internet, I'm not able to check for apps. Do they cost? Which are the best?

Thanks all I have for now. Please help if possible. Thanks in advance.

ALOHA!
    05-16-09 12:44 AM
    You're really asking for a lot of information in one thread. I'm sensitive to the fact that you have limited internet availability, but that may also mean you will get limited information availability as well.

1. Unlocking a phone: I've never done it, but I searched on this site and found this thread in exactly 4 seconds: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ructions-1292/

2. You do not need to purchase Ringtones, they can easily be made by a bunch of different methods (myxertones.com, Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker or by using a program like Audacity). Or, you can go to a website and download ones, often for free that others have made and uploaded, there's a small library of ringtones for free right on this site.

3. You asked like 3 different things here. a) You can't customize a theme, you make your own by using a program called Plazmic. b) "From size of the wallpaper to icons?" is not really a sentence so I don't know what you're asking here. c) there are plenty of people here who will donate their time to make a theme for you upon request. They can be found in the..get this...request forums!

4. This question alone is huge. Some apps cost money, some don't. Which are the best?? Every person here will have a different answer, it depends what you want to do with your phone first. Since you don't have a data plan, you probably won't be doing much except making calls and maybe playing games.

Good luck.
    05-16-09 12:52 AM
    Get a blackberry plan. You have one of the most expensive phones from TMO and don't even use it's potential. It's only an additional $20 a month.

1. Probably just like any other phone through it's IMEM, activation code.

2. Look into Audacity

3. You can make your own themes, but you can also buy some pretty professional looking ones. Did I mention that this forum has often users posting beta or public versions of their themes? Look into Hidden Docks/Appleberry Classic and Android. (3 free themes), I think one of them is OTA so make sure you have wifi enabled.

4. Unlike the iphone, blackberry wasn't made by toys R us and is a serious phone that has a very friendly, outgoing side. You can get anything from radios to weather, gps programming, all in one messaging clients, games, themes, god get a blackberry plan.
    05-16-09 05:33 AM
    My buddy has a curve and keeps asking me how to unlock it. Will AT&T give up the code pretty easily?
    05-16-09 05:51 AM
    Call them up and tell them you're going overseas, I think it depends on your contract. To be honest, there's GSM unlocking services (google it). I unlocked my friend's old 8310 AT&T and it works fine, about to put it on ebay with a brand new case/3 screen protectors hehe^_^ Only paid $13 or $15 bucks, and it took less than 20 hours.
    05-16-09 05:54 AM
    My buddy has a curve and keeps asking me how to unlock it. Will AT&T give up the code pretty easily?
    I've found AT&T will give it up pretty easily, and it is generated instantly like Verizon, unlike T-Mobile which takes 24 hours.
    05-16-09 06:01 AM
    I've heard that if you ask, they "have to" give you a code. I'm not sure how that's possible, and I've never unlocked a device so I can't confirm, it's certainly worth a shot though!
    05-16-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD