My question - how do I know what apps are running in the back ground and how do I close them?

My experience- I have just upgraded from the 8800 to the 8900. I had the Storm for trail period and I was truely dissappointed with it, so i opted for the 8900.

What a great piece of kit, natural evolution from the original curve, sleek and sexy... upgraded the OS to .168 and agree with most of the other post in saying that is switches between apps a lot crisper and in my opinion helped with the battery life. reading all those post lead me to my question couldn't find the answer in any post.

Also, are there any "must have" apps?
    I have Viigo, Opera, Google Map already installed.

thanks in advance.
    03-08-09 07:47 PM
    Try Slacker( a radio app), and Vlingo.
    03-08-09 07:52 PM
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy your 8900.

Check out the 101 lectures in the Newbies section (link at the top of every page), they are a great source of information. I also have a link to them in my signature.

Hold Alt and then Press Escape (back) to bring up the list of applications that are currently running. There are however a handful of apps that run all the time: Phone, Messages, Home Screen, BB Messenger and Browser.

For apps, check out this thread. Search is your friend here at Crackberry and many (if not all) Newbie questions have already been asked and answered.
    03-08-09 07:56 PM
    aristile has given some very good advice.
    03-08-09 08:14 PM
    Aristile - thanks for that... really appreciate your help.
    03-08-09 08:20 PM
    No problem, enjoy!
    03-08-09 08:28 PM
    How do you do a screen shot?
    03-08-09 10:45 PM
    Download CaptureIt or CrackMem, both free.
    03-08-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD