I see that everyone has or is getting their blackberry 8900s and I'm STILL waiting for mine. After everything I've read about these things, I can't wait to mess with it! I'm really impatient about getting new things, especially since this is my first blackberry.

URGH I want that phone already! I envy all who has it lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:19 AM
    Well try calling up tmobile to see if you can cancel the order and just pick it up at the store. That is what I did..

03-03-09 02:22 AM
    Takes envy
    03-03-09 02:22 AM
    Well try calling up tmobile to see if you can cancel the order and just pick it up at the store. That is what I did..

AZN is completley right. If it's still on backorder and your order is pending shipping they have the ability to cancel the order for you, and if you can find a store with any in stock (it is totally possible) then you can go there and they will still give you any discount due to you..
    03-03-09 02:30 AM
    Hmm... I think I'll do that tomorrow. I'll probably look in a couple of T-Mobile stores. Hopefully the one up the block from me still has a blackberry left. Thanks AZN and withered.

Btw do I first have to cancel the order and then get a blackberry from the store?

03-03-09 02:35 AM
    Yes, you do in fact have to call up tmobile and cancel the order. Just keep telling them that others you know ordered through customer care and already aquired them and you are still on back order... But before you cancel the order, I would recommend calling the stores to see if there are any in stock. If they do, be sure to ask how many of them they have. Then go to the store that has it in stock. And on your way to the store, call up customer care to cancel the order because you have waited tooo long and people you know already aquired them but you. Then, after they cancel the order, boom! Go straight into the store and pick one up!

03-03-09 02:45 AM
    Good luck! Hope you find one.
    03-03-09 03:02 AM
    I know how you feel. When the Bold came out, i had to wait 2 months for it. Well i couldn't so i ended up with a 8320. And then i read about news of the Javelin.

When the 8900 was officially released, i sold my 8320 and got it. I still can't believe i'm holding it!
    03-03-09 10:53 AM
    Hmm... I think I'll do that tomorrow. I'll probably look in a couple of T-Mobile stores. Hopefully the one up the block from me still has a blackberry left. Thanks AZN and withered.

Btw do I first have to cancel the order and then get a blackberry from the store?

Something to keep in mind Jay...if you're expecting a discount, you should tell the rep you speak to that you want to claim your discount in the store, because they need to note it in your account for you to make sure that the retail store doesn't try to give you problems. If you are upgrading/extending a contract usually the sales people will hold one for you for their commissions sake.
    03-03-09 12:39 PM
    The majority of the store putting the phone on hold won't happen. I tried to put one on hold but they wouldn't do it so I had to get my **** over to the store as fast as I could. And yes, remember to mention to the rep that you're going into the store to pick it up and to have them notate it. And once you walk in the store, you need to tell the rep that there is a note in the system explaining about it. A sales rep that I went to told me I only had partial discount and I said no I don't. Check the notes in the system.

03-03-09 12:55 PM
    Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be sure to cancel the order before I walk in the store. I think probably I'll find a store quicker than waiting for one to arrive at my doorstep.
    03-03-09 02:36 PM
    Mine comes in two days!!! I can't wait... I'm going to knock the mail man over I think. I didn't want to upgrade, I couldn't keep waiting for people on craigslist to reply to my email so I hurried and bought it on ebay. Yes! Only $400. I'm selling my G1 on ebay now for around that price, so I'm not at a lost. Plus I just sold a few of my Sidekicks. Got one more LX left. Oh and a new BB Pearl 8100.

Just felt like typing that, nevermind me!
    03-03-09 05:57 PM
    I know how you feel. When the Bold came out, i had to wait 2 months for it. Well i couldn't so i ended up with a 8320. And then i read about news of the Javelin.

When the 8900 was officially released, i sold my 8320 and got it. I still can't believe i'm holding it!
    Lucky!!!! I just can't wait! My friend is looking for a T-Mobile BB Curve. She's mad that I bought my 8900.
    03-03-09 05:59 PM
    ^^ Congrats on finding one. I don't think you will get $400 for your G1 sorry. They go around $300, sometimes $200 if you're lucky.
    03-03-09 06:01 PM
    Well... I went to the T-Mobile story today after school and the CS told me I needed an ID to do any phone upgrades, etc. so I went home and looked for my state ID and I never found it

I got so mad. I guess I'll just wait until it comes. For the meantime I'll just try and keep my mind off of it (even though it'll be fucxin hard).

Is the phone really as small as the display curve looks?
    03-03-09 09:59 PM
    ^^ Congrats on finding one. I don't think you will get $400 for your G1 sorry. They go around $300, sometimes $200 if you're lucky.
    Thanks & It sold on ebay for $395. I still see people asking for more. Its not old though, only a month.
    03-03-09 10:27 PM
    Well... I went to the T-Mobile story today after school and the CS told me I needed an ID to do any phone upgrades, etc. so I went home and looked for my state ID and I never found it

I got so mad. I guess I'll just wait until it comes. For the meantime I'll just try and keep my mind off of it (even though it'll be fucxin hard).

Is the phone really as small as the display curve looks?
    Same size as the display dude. I'm surprised they don't have a demo out in your store by now. I was surprised at how small the phone is. Especially since its a BB.

Good luck with finding your ID, btw. To keep my mind off my 8900 coming I just come on here and read about things I don't know about. LOL... I think its finally working. Really hope mine comes Thursday and not Friday.
    03-03-09 10:30 PM
    I just went into a store 5 minutes away from me and got me a brand new one
    03-03-09 10:36 PM
    I had zero grief getting my 8900, in out done. But that's because Rogers loves me .

And just think of it this way...the anticipation you gather from having to wait will make it that much more worth it.
    03-03-09 10:44 PM
    Good luck with finding your ID, btw. To keep my mind off my 8900 coming I just come on here and read about things I don't know about. LOL... I think its finally working. Really hope mine comes Thursday and not Friday.
    Lol the more I'm on this site the more I want my phone! I guess I'll think of something to keep my mind off of it. School helps a little, at least.

And just think of it this way...the anticipation you gather from having to wait will make it that much more worth it.
    Yeah that's true. I only waited for my LX for about 3 days w/ the express shipping and it came a day earlier and I literally snatched the phone from the delivery ***** and slammed the door in his face lol. I didn't mean to - I just was too excited about my first sidekick. Imagine with my first BB
    03-03-09 10:52 PM
    Good luck man. You'll love it!
    03-04-09 12:32 AM
    awww srry to hear about it bro.... i hate it when they require IDs for everything.... authorized users can upgrade their lines, but they cant add any new lines onto the account. thats the crappy thing about t-mobile.
    03-04-09 01:01 AM
    I would say I had no problems getting my hands on a Curve 8900 but I sort of did! I was in "band 5" contract which means on upgrade I can get whichever phone I like for 0! I changed the contract from my mum's name to mine which meant the band changed to "band 1" which is the suckiest band - crap phones which you must pay for.

Anywho I had to have that curve I was not leaving the shop without it, so I opened a new contract, some may call me crazy, I call it love. My Curve is the best phone i've ever had I love, love, love it xD

On the upside I may friends with the guy in the Orange Store so he held one back for me xD Lucky eh seeing as every other store I phoned were SOLD OUT and I would have had to wait TWO WEEKS!
    03-09-09 05:59 AM
    Don't know if it works differently in the US but in the UK we dont really need ID for upgrades the store uses a programme called Equifax which they put your details into to check who you are and it just confirms you address and stuff...

Best of luck finding a phone though dude, they sucks, hard!
    03-09-09 06:01 AM
    Sorry for the crappy grammer I have lost the power to speak correct English this morning! Duuuuhh
    03-09-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD