03-02-09 03:34 PM
492 ... 181920
tools
    I am also in the back ordered boat!! I am kind of upset because if the CS had told me that they were back ordered I would have just went to the store if they had any....I ordered mine 2/24 and the expected arrival date is 3/12....this is my first blackberry so I am excited but I wish it were coming earlier! AND since I will be getting it 2 weeks after I ordered it, the phone better be PERFECT
    02-28-09 02:29 PM
    Wow it looks like I just beat the rush. I ordered my phone through a CSR in retentions on the 18th and received the phone via UPS on the 23rd. It's unfortunate that they underestimated the demand, but I doubt people would be as upset if they were being more upfront about the wait times for the device.
    02-28-09 02:39 PM
    I ordered my 8900 on the 22nd of Feb, already knew the bb was in back order, so I didn't bother getting express shipping.

The funny thing was that the 611 rep told me I'd have it in 7 days. I mentioned that the 8900 was actually on back order, he checked, and confirmed. He was surprised that I knew that and he did not. Just shows how well the 611 reps are informed at times...

Anyway, I just got a ups confirmation today in my inbox, saying that my phone is shipping out

Perhaps the phone really will be at my door step on the 3rd or 4th of March. Early b'day present!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 03:44 PM
    My cousin ordered the 8900 4 days ago and T-Mobile finally shipped it out yesterday (Friday). He should receive it on Tuesday and if not then Wednesday for sure.

--HeavyC.

02-28-09 04:43 PM
    Well, I have a tracking number, but since the bberry was just sent out, ups doesn't have deets yet. Hopefully I'll have it by next week too!

02-28-09 05:32 PM
    hmmm..... one thing that i have noticed was that the 8900 is in high demand. at first i didnt even know that it was going to be this high...
    03-01-09 12:24 AM
    I agree azn m3nace...I thought the Bold would be the bread winner here, but, in a couple aspects it is. However, after thinking about how successful the Curve was, it really doesn't surprise me just how well the 8900 is doing.

03-01-09 03:20 PM
    i think it Bold is awesome i like it more than the 8900 in many ways but since i have t mobile, the 8900 wins!
    the only thing i hate is the build quality. its a disaster so many phones are being returned because of the ripple effect and keys being loose.
    other than that, the phone is really good.
    I got my 2nd this week, i dont think they are backordered.
    03-01-09 05:15 PM
    i dont think they are backordered.
    They are backordered. Many users on this site, including myself, have called T-Mobile and CSRs have told us that the device is on backorder due to the unexpected popularity of the phone. Nonetheless, we'll all (including myself) get our phones soon... hopefully.
    03-01-09 06:36 PM
    They are backordered. Many users on this site, including myself, have called T-Mobile and CSRs have told us that the device is on backorder due to the unexpected popularity of the phone. Nonetheless, we'll all (including myself) get our phones soon... hopefully.
    that's true. the 8900 has the same high demand as the iphone did... but nothing less, the stores had very limited stock of them and they sold within opening hours
    03-01-09 06:44 PM
    that's true. the 8900 has the same high demand as the iphone did... but nothing less, the stores had very limited stock of them and they sold within opening hours
    Yeah but at least Apple knew that they were going to have a high demand for the phone. Apple should have known that they had to produce even more phones than what they thought would be enough. They knew the type of technology they were releasing to the public.

But for the 8900 to sell out in the first two hours of sale... I don't believe that.
    03-01-09 08:06 PM
    Just called for order status, and now my phone is on backorder, with no expected ship date. I cancelled my order, and will just wait to try my luck at a local store when they get more in stock. Who knows...maybe this is due to manufacturing issues that they are ironing out, so I can try to be patient. While my current Curve is slow and freezing a lot more, it's still kind of functional.
    03-02-09 10:57 AM
    .. I was on the same boat as you guys but eventually was able to cancel the order and found a store that had some in.. My advice is try to find a store that got new orders in. Then buy from them without having to deal with the backorders because it sucks having to wait for something you have wanted the first day it was pronounced with the release date

I am with this post.. You guys should check it out tmobile stores in your location before or after cancel your order..

G'LUCK
    03-02-09 11:32 AM
    It's weird how you guys can't get your hands on them, and when you do it's pretty much direct from factory... I picked mine up from a store in downtown Toronto 2 weeks ago - and it's from a batch dated Nov. 28, 2008 !!! I called that store last night, they had 1 left - still from the same batch (which sucks cause I need to exchange mine and want a newer manuf. date on it...) Went to a different store too a few days ago, they had a huge pile of them sitting in the back...
    03-02-09 11:37 AM
    woo hoo! mine should be here any moment now! and it only took ... 10 days!
    03-02-09 12:43 PM
    I am with this post.. You guys should check it out tmobile stores in your location before or after cancel your order..

G'LUCK
    Just was able to score one at the local T-Mobile store. They had four in stock. No problems whatsoever. Phone seems good. Battery door a little loose (slides up and down a bit), but no big deal, cause I put a TMobile skin on the thing for now until I can decide on the case, and I am keeping the static cling screen protector on until I can decide on a screen protector.

Just getting everything set up now. Downloaded Google Mobile and Facebook Mobile (seems to all work fine).

Going to try the GPS soon...
    03-02-09 12:45 PM
    I have been exploring my new 8900 (upgraded from the Pearl) for the last couple of days and it's awesome.

How long did it took for me to get my 8900?

Here is my 8900 log:

02.13.09 - Placed a phone order to TMobile (1 Year Contract - Free Shipping (UPS))

02.14.09 - Received a TMobile text message informing that my 8900 order has been received and is being processed.

02.21.09 - Received a TMobile text message telling me that my order has been shipped and provided me the track number. Delivery date: 02/25/09

02.24.09 - Received my 8900 via UPS - a day early

Production Date: 02.17.09 (No problem.)

I also picked up the following accessories for my 8900:

1. Clarivue Screen Protector
    2. Seidio Innocase Holster
    3. Clip-on Crystal Case, Clear (eForCity)

Patience...Worth the Wait.
    03-02-09 03:34 PM
492 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD