03-02-09 03:34 PM
492 123 ...
tools
    So ordered my phone on release day the 11th and have been checking the status all week. When called 611 I just kept getting it was still being processed. So today is Monday the 16th and I just made my daily Tmo call and they are BACK ordered. WTF. They have no knowledge of when it be be available again. I must say I am pretty aggrivated now since I had no luck getting it before the release day aswell.
    So to all who have not received it yet, I guess it is safe to say you will have to wait a little longer. Only time will tell how long.
    And just a side note, I love how I received my BSE (just the screen protector's) yesterday in the mail. Looks to be good quality, and its a slap in the face having them just sit there lol.
    02-16-09 11:00 AM
    That's weird I ordered one monday after the release date and had it on thursday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 11:02 AM
    Did you call a different rep I know in my experiance I will get two different answers from different reps.

02-16-09 11:03 AM
    That's weird I ordered one monday after the release date and had it on thursday
    The release date was Wednesday... what are you talking about?

I just called a rep and they told me the exact same thing. I asked them for a date and she doesn't know. My order is labeled as back ordered but "the screen" that shows her back ordered status doesn't say anything about the 8900 so she can't tell me when it will be available.

I have never to this date been upset with T-Mobile (I have had T-Mobile since 2002) but now I am angry. You took $300+ of mine and don't have a CLUE as to when I'll get my phone?! WTF is that about?!
    02-16-09 11:15 AM
    That sucks, sort of the reason I went to the store. That's a long wait.

02-16-09 11:15 AM
    I was told they are back ordered, I spoke with a supervisor as well. It was suppose to be 3 day shipping but someone screwed that up so its the ground shipping now. So the supervisor told me it wont be there for 5-7 days so they still had until the 20th this friday. Then he told me it doesn't matter because they are back ordered anyway. Also my experience when I call Tmo i get differnet answer's from everyone anyway. I will try later again today and hopefully get an update on how long it will take. Psyko825 this is the first monday after the release?
    02-16-09 11:17 AM
    I totaly agree. Ive had Tmo for 6-7 years and while getting the 8900 I extended another 2 yrs. Thank you TMO....

I would have loved to go to the store but they did not offer me my full discount
    02-16-09 11:19 AM
    I don't underrstand why tmobile thought they would not sale this phone very fast. Most stores ran out on the release date and now tmobile has them on backorder

02-16-09 11:22 AM
    Can we blame this on the folks who played CSR Roulette and got them before release date? Or the CSRs that actually sold them early?
    02-16-09 11:26 AM
    Can we blame this on the folks who played CSR Roulette and got them before release date? Or the CSRs that actually sold them early?
    Yes. On both. Bastards.
    02-16-09 11:31 AM
    I'm in the same boat the CSR really didn't care. I'm going to try and call back later and see if I get a better answer.
    02-16-09 11:33 AM
    I doubt we "business users" contributed to the 8900 selling out so quickly.

Honestly, I'm really surprised. I didn't see any adverts on TV for the 8900 and T-mobile doesn't have it plastered over its site. How did the demand get so big?
    02-16-09 11:48 AM
    Hmmm!!

Weird. I ordered mine over the phone on the 12th. I complained and got the loyal customer discount and paid like 200 bucks for it.

Checked UPS this morning and it says out for delivery.... We will see if it comes. With my luck it will be a brand new 8320 and not the new 8900 . lol!
    02-16-09 12:10 PM
    Look on the bright side guys ... Maybe due to all the returns there WAS an issue with the T-mobile 8900s and they are getting a replacement shipment for those units. I don't know anything just throwing an idea out there.
    02-16-09 12:21 PM
    Look on the bright side guys ... Maybe due to all the returns there WAS an issue with the T-mobile 8900s and they are getting a replacement shipment for those units. I don't know anything just throwing an idea out there.
    Taking a positive spin on it
    02-16-09 12:23 PM
    We see this with electronics all the time. It won't make anyone feel better about it, but think back to when Play Station ll was released. I couldn't find one at Christmas to save my life. Usually it's the manufacturer who gets blamed when supplies run low, but in this case we have T-Mobile to blame too. If it was me, I probably would have tried to find one at a store, and get them to give me the same deal as the phone rep gave, then cancel with the phone reps. But that's me haha, no patience.
    Another thing I have done is develop a friendship with the store people. If you notice when you visit a store, most reps and tech people carry BlackBerry's. They like to talk about them as we do. A friend at a store is a valuable thing to have - if you like being first in line for things.

02-16-09 01:01 PM
    This is interesting...I called yesterday to put in a replacement order for my current 8900 cause of the whole keypad thing...I wasn't told of the phones being on back order and they sent it out 2nd day delivery. Makes me wonder if I'm getting another one from the bad bunch...
    02-16-09 01:58 PM
    This is interesting...I called yesterday to put in a replacement order for my current 8900 cause of the whole keypad thing...I wasn't told of the phones being on back order and they sent it out 2nd day delivery. Makes me wonder if I'm getting another one from the bad bunch...
    Aren't replacement phones refurbs?
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    Aren't replacement phones refurbs?
    More than likely... yeah so on top of that I am now worrying about getting a used, repaired handset from the bad bunch lol!!!
    02-16-09 02:09 PM
    i just got off the phone and was told to expect it by the end of the month!!!! i am super pissed right now. im thinking about canceling my line and switching over to at&t and get a Bold. They have a two day priority mail guarantee going on now, just have to run that by my parents, since im only 17.
    02-16-09 03:15 PM
    I don't know where you got your 'backordered' information. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and verified 8900 not being on their back ordered list. she noted on my account 'not back ordered and expected by wed 2/18.
    thanks,
    02-16-09 03:22 PM
    I don't know where you got your 'backordered' information. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and verified 8900 not being on their back ordered list. she noted on my account 'not back ordered and expected by wed 2/18.
    thanks,
    Wow I'm going to call back again. They are probably getting more in 9 days.
    02-16-09 03:30 PM
    I was told that they were back ordered and they did not know when they were getting more.I called about 11 this morning

02-16-09 03:36 PM
    why is it always me that gets stuck with the crappy reps?
    02-16-09 03:53 PM
    Sorry, got my days all screwed up, lol, ordered on thursday and I got it friday afternoon, release was wednesday.
    02-16-09 03:58 PM
492 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD